KAYAK Flights, Hotels & Cars
by: KAYAK.com • 215.8K
Kayak remains a top-notch travel planning app, helping you find the best deals on flights, hotels, and rental cars everywhere you go. Just enter in the details of what you're looking for - destination, arrival/departure dates, how many people, etc. - and get a list of promising search results culled from crawling all the most popular travel sites. Filter them by number of stops, price, and so on to find the exact right deal for your big trip. Once you've found your match, one quick and painless tap sends you to an external site to make your booking. Kayak offers a bunch of extras on top of this, including flight trackers, price alerts, airline directories, and even suggested packing lists. It's designed to be your travel companion from start to finish throughout your journey.
The design is excellent, it's easy to use, and the deals are real.
Even with a great design, cramming so much info into a handheld screen is always going to be more difficult to navigate than on a fully-fledged monitor. You may find it less comfortable than using your desktop. Also, there's still no "Anywhere" option in the flight section - which I always love when I'm not sure where I want to visit next.
Original review from Jan 29, 2015:
If you've traveled sometime in the past decade, you've probably used a search engine designed to take the pain out of seeking the best way to get there. Kayak is one such option, and quite possibly the cream of the crop.
Enter in your desired details for securing a flight, hotel, or rental car (like destination, arrival/departure dates, how many people, etc.) and Kayak will start a comprehensive search. Order your results by factors like price and number of stops (in the case of flights), and make your selections accordingly. You'll be directly taken to a website where you can make a quick and hopefully painless booking.
A few extra pluses Kayak offers: options, options, options! Kayak is designed for one-stop shopping, that is, to be the sole app you'll need to plan your trip. It includes flight trackers, price alerts, airline directories, and even suggested packing lists (the "Romantic" traveler mustn't forget "non-boring pajamas"). The design is also very minimalist, which works in its favor - we're dealing with significant sums of money whenever we fly, and an austere site gives a bit of faith that we're working with professionals here.
And a few negatives: It's simply more difficult to navigate such a quantity of information on a small screen - for this reason alone, I can imagine many people will stick to the web app when possible. Also, there is no option to select "anywhere" as a destination, which is my favorite feature of certain flight search engines.
Kayak is quite possibly the best flight search engine app out there - it has the most options and the cleanest design I've seen.
Original score: 8.4/10
Tags: kayak voli , kayak vol , kayak vol pas cher , kayak flight hotel car search , kayak tablet , kayak widget , kayak screenshots , kayak apk 5.0.1 , kayak com
by Janel , Appszoom
Jan 29, 2015
KAYAK searches hundreds of other travel sites so you don’t have to. Book the perfect flight, hotel or rental car and save money with mobile-only rates and Private Deals. KAYAK Trips lets you organize all of your travel plans in one place including free flight status updates, airport terminal maps and security wait times. KAYAK is the only app you need for planning, booking and traveling.
SEARCH: Find great deals on flights, hotels and rental cars
• Unlock Private Deals and exclusive mobile-only rates for even more savings
• Effortlessly and securely book via the app without the need to re-enter your traveler data and credit card information.
• Pick a destination and choose flexible dates to find out when it’s best to fly.
• Filter options based on stops, airlines, departure times, amenities and much more.
• Book at the right time. Price Forecasts let you know whether your airfare is likely to go up. Price history charts show airfare trends over the last 90 days.
• Have big travel dreams but can’t decide on a destination? Use Explore to set your max airfare and see all the amazing places in the world where you can travel (whatever your budget, let us help you search!).
TRIPS: Your free personal travel assistant
• Organize your travel plans in one place, regardless of where you booked.
• Book on KAYAK or forward your booking confirmation emails to email@example.com to begin building your trip. Optionally auto-import bookings from your Gmail account.
• Stay up-to-date with real-time flight status, gate change and baggage claim notifications.
• Get security wait time estimates for your flight.
• Navigate around the airport with step-by-step directions.
• Find shops, duty free, food, coffee, chargers, restrooms, lounges and more. See actual photos of each and learn whether they are before or after security.
• Countdown timers keep track of your flight’s progress and remaining layover time.
• Share your travel plans with family and friends.
• No internet access, no problem. View your itinerary and airport maps with no internet connection.
PRICE ALERTS: Never miss a deal
• Let us do the searching for you. Create a flight or hotel Price Alert and we’ll notify you when the price changes.
• Not sure where to go? Create a Price Alert for top world cities or specific regions and let the deal determine your next adventure.
FLIGHT TRACKER: Track the status of any flight
• Know if you’re arriving early or late by viewing the status of departure and arrival times.
• Monitor the flight’s progress in the air with the convenient map view.
• Easily track friends and family with the flight number or airline.
• Winner of 10 Webby Awards including:
• People's Voice Award for Travel Mobile Apps & Other Handheld Devices (2015)
• Webby and People's Voice Award for Travel Tablet Apps & all Other Handheld Devices (2014)
• Time Magazine: 50 Best iPhone Apps (2014)
• Wired Magazine: The 8 Best Apps for World Travelers (2014)
Discover helpful travel tips, tools and information by following our blog: https://www.kayak.com/news/
We'd love to hear from you: