by: Kenshiro • 443
This GPS application uses satellite data to provide the bearing and distance from your present position to your destination. It doesn't need internet access, you can use it in places like the mountains, the desert or the sea. Just enter the GPS coordinates of the place you want to go.
To receive GPS signals correctly, the phone must have a clear view of the sky.
These are the main features:
- Displays latitude, longitude and altitude using the mobile phone GPS sensor
- Geographic coordinates are expressed in decimal degrees
- Uses the WGS84 datum, the same used in GPS devices and Google Maps
- Displays the current heading based on the Earth's magnetic field. It can be used as a compass (0º=North, 90º=East, 180º=South, 270º=West)
- Can store a list of waypoints and display the bearing and distance from your present position to the target position
- Can send the target position to Google Maps, allowing sharing with other applications. This option requires internet access
- Uses little battery
- Always will be 100% free
Enjoy ! :-)
Tags: cellphone w/ gps features - latitude, longitude, altitude