by: Electronic Chart Centre • 118
One of the top free map display apps for both mobile and tablets!
NaVida is a free app ideal for anyone using maps/charts on land and sea. It contains a growing number of quality map layers, rich content and useful features.
• OpenStreetMap - Worldwide
• Bing Aerial - Worldwide
• Topographic - Norway
• Maritime Paper Chart - Norway
• Nautical HD – Norway (in-app purchase)
• AIS Basic (aishub.net)
Nautical HD gives you access to official Nautical Charts in a vector format for Norway. The charts are provided by the Norwegian Hydrographic Service in accordance with international hydrographic standards and are updated regularly.
AIS Basic layer contains a free basic Automated Information System (AIS) layer, which allows the user to see vessel positions in certain areas where satellites are available. The source feed is based on data released by AISHub (www.aishub.net) and positions are updated approximately every minute. This does not give a complete coverage of AIS.
• Places of interest search (GeoNames.org & Sentralt StedsnavnRegister)
• Zoom/pan functionality for efficient navigation in the chart
• Preload of base layers so that they remain in the app even without mobile coverage
• Sharing of map view via social tools i.e. Facebook / Instagram / Twitter / e-mail
• Display map coordinates in different formats
NaVida can not be used for navigation in accordance with regulations published by the International Maritime Organization.
Tags: navida , navida kart , s apps navigation maritime , hikenode source , navidafor