Otago Queenstown StoriesTuhura
by: Discover NZ Tourism • 0
Discover Local Stories
Tuhura is the ultimate New Zealand travel app – see local New Zealanders tell the stories behind New Zealand history and culture in their own words.
Tuhura Dunedin/Queenstown focuses on the people and places of Dunedin/Queenstown, renowned for its scenic beauty and adventure tourism.
By watching short (around 90 second) film clips, you’ll discover the stories behind:
• Dunedin/Queenstown’s best tourist destinations,
• the best things to do in Dunedin/Queenstown,
• Māori and European history,
• Dunedin/Queenstown’s unique culture and
• famous people from Dunedin/Queenstown.
• our stories and Māori legends’
• our unique Māori and European culture’
• our historical events, and
• our famous people.
• The early years of Dunedin’s settlement,
• Echoes of the Gold Rush,
• Angler’s paradise,
• The world’s steepest street,
• And much more.
Tuhura becomes your very own Dunedin/Queenstown tour-guide, connecting you with the real New Zealand and background stories even the locals don’t know about.
An innovative first, Tuhura’s extensive catalogue of Dunedin/Queenstown tourism film clips are arranged by GPS location. That means, as you are travelling through the Dunedin/Queenstown region of New Zealand, you can view a short video and hear the background stories relating to the history and culture of nearby tourist sites.
And, for those who would prefer to discover Dunedin/Queenstown from the comfort of a hotel room, campervan or café, clips are also arranged according to region and subject matter.
Extra Dunedin/Queenstown tourist features include:
• free GPS linked maps help you find the top Dunedin/Queenstown tourist sites,
• up-coming events throughout Dunedin/Queenstown, and
• special offers to some of Dunedin/Queenstown’s best tourist attractions.
Don’t go home regretting that you missed out on some of the best things to do in Dunedin/Queenstown, and on discovering the events and people that shaped New Zealand.
Download the Tuhura Dunedin/Queenstown tourist app. today – available in iPhone, Android, iPad, and Tablet formats.
• due to film licensing agreements, some video content can be viewed only from within New Zealand
• to avoid international roaming charges, purchase a SIM card from a New Zealand digital store, , supermarket, I-SITE, or similar outlet
Tags: gps queenstown nz