Pacific Coast Dream Machines
by: Phondini Partners LLC • 29
There are car shows, air shows, motorcycle shows, tractor shows, maker fairs, music festivals, food festivals, and living history festivals galore. Mix them all together in one venue on one day and you’ve got Half Moon Bay California’s remarkable, one and only Pacific Coast Dream Machines Show –– marking its 27th year in 2017 with a massive celebration of mechanical ingenuity, power and style.
It's quite simply the “Coolest Show on Earth”. This year’s spectacular 27th annual show will be held on Sunday, April 30, a one-day mega-show, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Half Moon Bay Airport, located in the picturesque seaside town of Half Moon Bay, CA about 20 miles south of San Francisco.
It's a whimsical, fascinating, amusing, curious and absolutely unique show and tell spectacle featuring 2,000 magnificent driving, flying and working machines from the 20th and 21st centuries. The world's coolest cars of every era and style, model-T fire engines, vintage buses, custom motorcycles, tricked out trucks, sleek streamliners, one-of-a-kind antique engines and tractors and historic military aircraft will be among the mesmerizing displays.
Headline attractions scheduled to appear include:
* The west coast's biggest, baddest gathering of the world's coolest cars, trucks, motorcycles and aircraft.
* Bob Senz’ Big Cacklefest – a mass synchronized firing-up of the engines (10am,12pm, 2pm).
* Spectacular skydiving performances from the C-47 Skytrain with military style jumps by the experts at Precision Skydiving.
* Three (3) 20-minute electrifying, high-flying 4-rider freestyle motocross stunt shows (11:30am, 1:30pm, 3:30pm).
* Shane Skull Krusher, the world’s youngest mini monster truck driver.
* Inspiring flyovers by some of our nation’s most storied military aircraft in memory of Eddie Andreini Sr., world-renown aerobatics pilot, founding Dream Machines contributor and pillar in the Half Moon Bay community.
* Magnificent military aircraft including B-25 Bomber, C-47 Skytrain, P-51 Mustangs, YAK Russian fighters and an impressive array of L-39, T-6 and T-28 military fighters and trainers.
* Super sleek speed machines and streamliners in “World Record Wonderland” including legendary builder Jack Costella’s Nebulous Theorem streamliners that have set more than 100 land speed records.
* A special display and parade of vintage police cars.
* An array of nostalgia dragsters to honor the former Half Moon Bay Drag Strip.
* “Mustang Madness”, a spectacular display of America’s Premier World War II Fighter.
* Ultra thrilling rides in helicopters and bi-planes and heart-pounding monster truck rides.
* Refurbished fly-wheel engines from the Early Days Gas Engine & Tractor Association and meticulously restored logging equipment and artifacts from Willits CA-based Roots of Motive Power.
* Uniquely wild and crazy, side-by-side, single-wheel unimotorcycle drag racing.
* Half Moon Bay Pilots Association Saturday Hangar Dinner at the Andreini Family Hangar (April 29, 5:30 pm) at Half Moon Bay Airport. Tickets are $30 per person, available at the door.
* Returning this year are spectacular skydiving performances from the C-47 with military style jumps by the experts at Precision Skydiving and a special appearance by Shane Skull Krusher, the world’s youngest mini monster truck driver. For electrifying showstoppers, the show's extreme attractions return – freestyle motocross shows, unimotorcycle drag racing and monster truck rides plus helicopter and plane rides.
* The world’s coolest cars and motoring vehicles.
* Hundreds of aviation wonders will be on display.
Spectator admission is $25 for adults (age 18-69), $15 for ages 11-17 and 70+, Free for kids age 10 and under. Tickets are available at the gate only. There is a separate $10 per vehicle spectator parking fee.
* Continued use of KHMB Radio Player running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life