Sydney Travel Guide Essentials
by: Sutro Media • 0
Be seduced by shimmering Sydney with this app – whether you’re visiting next week or a local resident. Sure, you can snap the Opera House, climb the Harbour Bridge and sizzle your body beautiful on Bondi Beach (and these things are wonderful!), but there's a great deal more to Sydney than the city's in-your-face sites and sights.
How This App Can Help You
• Get your head around Sydney's city centre and the immediate neighbourhoods, as well as how to get there
• Sniff out some wonderful, off-the-tourist-track wine bars and coffee haunts
• Photograph everything from convict's rock carvings to koala bears
• Learn about the history of the region's indigenous groups and The Rocks, Sydney's original settlement
• Easily sort for the perfect boutique hotel in the best neighborhood for you, as well as the city's best cocktail and seafood dishes.
• Experience Sydney's wonderful (less touristy) water views
• Tap into your energy - take a surfing lesson at Manly, talk to the animals at Taronga Zoo or hike in a city-side national park
• Choose between fresh seafood at The Boathouse on Blackwater Bay, crustaceans at Sean's Panaroma or live crab at Golden Century
• Discover (a local's) Sydney - Bondi and beyond...
With around 230 entries and 2800+ photos (including snaps of signage to help orientate you), this app includes essential sites and sights plus secret spots and the author's favourite local haunts in and around Sydney's city centre and immediate neighbourhoods. The author has personally visited each place listed here; her editorial coverage and opinions will help guide you to the perfect wine bar, restaurant or cafe (highlighting budget, atmosphere, type and value for money); enhance your cultural knowledge of Sydney; and help you explore facets of Sydney (read 'local secrets'). It includes practical updates when a bar closes or a hot new restaurant appears.
Your purchase will include regular future updates packed with more items of interest (the app is about the price of a cup of coffee - a superb, smooth Sydney coffee if you follow the suggestions here :))
★ About the Author ★
Kate Armstrong (www.katearmstrong.com.au) has been exploring Sydney’s neighbourhoods and waterside locations for years. She moved there six years ago, lured by the city's sun, blue & green bits and its ever-changing cuisine scene. A self confessed coffee snob, she is forever on the lookout for Sydney's best brew. Kate contributes to Lonely Planet publications (including over 16 Lonely Planet guide books to date) and her work appears regularly in newspapers and magazines in Australia and around the world.
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - email@example.com