Tahiti offline map
by: AYE Ltd. • 0
Offline map of the French Polynesian island of Tahiti for tourist & business visitors. Download before you go and avoid expensive roaming charges. The map runs completely on your device; display with pan and zoom, routing, search, bookmark, everything. It does not use your data connection at all. Switch your phone function off if you want to!
No ads. All features fully functional on installation, you do not need to buy add-ons or do extra downloads.
The map includes the entire island, (Tahiti Nui and Tahiti Iti), and is based on OpenStreetMap data, http://www.openstreetmap.org. It is reasonably good, though still lacks some residential roads within Pape'ete/Papeete, especially in the outskirts. Many tourist amenities such as hotels also remain to be mapped. You can help improve it by becoming an OpenStreetMap contributor. We periodically publish free updates with the latest data.
With the app, you can:
* find out where you are, if you have GPS.
* show a route between any place for motor vehicle, foot or bicycle; even without a GPS device.
* display simple turn-by-turn navigation [*].
* search for places
* display lists of commonly needed places like hotels, eating places, shops, banks, things to see and do, golf courses, medical facilities. Show how to get there.
* bookmark places like your hotel for easy return navigation.
System Requirements: A phone or tablet with a memory card and at least 10 MB free. GPS is useful but not required.
* Navigation will show you an indicative route and can be configured for car, bicycle or foot. The developers provide it without any guarantee that it is always correct. For example, it does not always show turn restrictions - places where it is illegal to turn. Use with care and above all look out for and obey road signs.