Venice, Italy - FREE Guide
by: MobileReference • 35
Travel Venice & Verona, Italy: illustrated city guide, phrasebook, and maps (Mobi Travel)
Also includes regions around Venice (Regions of Veneto, Friuli-Venezia Giulia & Trentino-Alto Adige)
MobileReference guides help you get the most out of your vacation. The guides are available for most destinations worldwide and always include FREE offline GPS maps. Over 3 million MobileReference Travel Guides have been downloaded.
The world’s most popular electronic guides developed for your smartphone have the following features:
✔ GPS map loads to your smartphone memory - no network access needed once the app is downloaded.
✔ GPS map displays your location along with nearby sights and attractions.
✔ MobileReference guides use vector-based maps so they load quickly and are easy to zoom and scroll.
✔ Unlike other travel guides, GPS coordinates for attractions have been verified by users on the ground.
✔ Attraction articles can be accessed from both an alphabetical and a categorical index.
✔ Top 10 attractions article features sights that no visitor should miss.
✔ Articles include tips on what to do and see in your destination.
✔ Articles can be added to a list of favorites.
✔ Phrasebooks include list of common words and phrases.
✔ The top restaurants have been individually selected by MobileReference editors. These restaurants are marked by a star in the EAT chapter and are plotted on the GPS map.
✔ No ads
✔ No roaming charges
MobileReference Travel Guides provide detailed, practical information about attractions, landmarks, transportation, cultural venues, dining, lodging, history and much more. They are indexed alphabetically and by category, making it easier to access individual articles. Attractions can be viewed on an offline GPS map along with your current location so that you can easily find attractions near you as you explore the city.
This fully-functional guide is absolutely free. The full version (only $4.99) adds Text-To-Speech and expands articles with more information about attractions, history, culture, itineraries, phrasebooks and more. Listen to complete articles on the go with Text-To-Speech: double-tap on a word to start Text-To-Speech from the selected word or select Menu > Start Text-To-Speech.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Essentials: Phrasebook | Tourism Office | Eat | Drink | Sleep | Stay Safe | Respect | Contact | Driving in Europe | Units Conversion
1. General: Geography | Climate | History | Veneto | Economy
2. Maps: City | Itinerary | Venetian Lagoon | Sestieri | Provinces of Veneto | Italy | Venetian Empire in 14th century
3. Transport: Get in | Get around | Vaporetto
4. Culture: Museums | Music | Events | Venetian glass | Gondola
5. Attractions: Top 10 | A-Z | Itinerary | Do | Buy | Churches | Buildings | Palaces | Bridges | Squares
6. By Area: Districts | Venetian Lagoon | Islands | Grand Canal | Get Out
7. Italy: Regions & Cities | Get around | Do | Money | History
This app is part of the MobileReference Italy series. The complete series includes:
- Rome, Vatican City and the entire Lazio region
- Florence & Tuscany
- Venice, Verona & the Veneto Region
- Milan & the Lombardy Region
- Campania, including Naples, Capri, Pompeii and Amalfi Coast
- Umbria, including Assisi, Gubbio, Orvieto, Perugia & more
- Italian Lakes District, including Lake Como, Lake Lugano, Lake Maggiore, Lake Garda
- Italian Riviera, including Liguria, Genoa, Cinque Terre, Finale Ligure, San Remo, Portofino & more
- Malta, Gozo, Comino
- Puglia, Basilicata & Calabria
Download these free guides to cover the entire map of Italy.
-MobileReference®. Free maps for worldwide destinations™.
Tags: italy guide , venice italy travel comments , venice italy game , venice italy , venice guide , venice , travel guide mestre italy , travel app venice , mobilereference venice travel guide apps
by James Buller
Oct 03, 2015 | "Great"
Pros: Great offline (ie saves on data roaming fees) map,, much clearer than others,. Good info too. Cons: Map zoom reset when returning to it. A search feature would have really helped. Public toilets are a notable ommission from the information
by MANUBHAI MAKVANA
Mar 25, 2014 | "Awesome"
Good& very nice.
by Coenie Odendaal
Aug 23, 2013 | "Poor"
More a advert for the paid app than a free app.