Word Lens Translator
by: Quest Visual, Inc. • 24.5K
Dictionaries, translator devices and all this sort of gadgets are almost becoming unuseful due to smart devices. Apps are adding functions to our mobile devices making the most of its built-in features. Word Lens turns your camera into a translator: you just need to target the printed word you want to translate (imagine ads, sign, posters, magazines...) with the back camera of your device and it will do the rest.
However, translating isn't the only action you can perform with Word Lens. Actually this Lite version only brings two features and none of them are translation tools. Demo includes "word reverse" (it reverses the words you target) and "erase words" (the word you target will disappear). This is just to show you how this technology works. However, although that's interesting, it's not really useful. Translating is probably its plus point.
What's the problem? All translation packages available (so far English to Spanish, French and Italian and viceversa) are paid ($4.99). it would be great if it includes at least one translation package to try if it's worth enough.
Tags: add packages to word lens , demo translation , word lents con paquetes gratis , translatordemo , words lens translator gratis , foto e video lens video , word lens translator demo , dmo translator 07/07/2012 , word lens no reconoce paquete
by Emmanuel , Appszoom
Jul 26, 2012
Instantly translate printed words with your phone’s camera!
Word Lens gives you translation on the go:
- NO NETWORK required - results appear immediately on your video screen when you need it, anywhere in the world.
- Easy to use, like the regular camera
- Look up translations by typing them in, or clicking on a word.
Available language pairs:
+ English ⇆ Russian
+ English ⇆ Spanish
+ English ⇆ French
+ English ⇆ Italian
+ English ⇆ German
+ English ⇆ Portuguese
Notes for getting the best quality out of your translations:
- Best used on clearly printed text (e.g. signs, menus)
- DOES NOT recognize handwriting or stylized fonts
- It's not perfect, but you can get the general meaning!
- Keep text in focus by holding it at least one hand-length away and tap-to-focus if autofocus is struggling.
- Turn on the flashlight (if available on your device)
- Zoom in (if available on your device)
Some features are device dependent. Not all device cameras can zoom, nor do all devices have a flashlight.
Having trouble? We want to hear from you! Email us at:
Hardware Controls: Take Pictures and Videos: Used to access the camera so we can translate what it sees.