by: Google LLC • 2.5K
Zagat for the iOS and Android wants to help you discover the best restaurants across the U.S. and around the closest city to you. To get started with Zagat, you’ll need to pick a top city. This app will then load a list of top restaurants so you can discover what to eat, like food events, written by professional Zagat writers. There’s also important restaurant info, like the phone number and exact location. You can also save and filter what you’re looking for.
The writing is pretty well done as well as informative. The actual reviews are constantly updated, so you’ll always know what to check out. The iOS version will also run on older devices.
As the app developer explicitly states in the Android app description, and upon opening, the current Zagat app is horribly outdated. While it is easy to search, there aren’t a lot of other options available.
Jul 29, 2016
PLEASE NOTE: This download is the 2014 version. It has coverage in selected US cities only (see coverage list below). A new version of the app is currently in the works, with deeper and broader coverage across the entire US, plus a host of cool new features. We'll let you know when we’re ready to serve our fresh app.
Zagat is your guide to discovering the best restaurants across the US.
Features of this version:
• Ratings and reviews for Zagat-rated restaurants in key US cities
• Concise trustworthy reviews based on users' opinions
• Selected lists of places to go for nearly any occasion, mood, and craving
• Stream of helpful articles and videos delivered throughout the day
• Filter by Zagat ratings, cost, cuisine, features, neighborhoods and more
• Menus to read before you go
• Reservations through OpenTable
• Google Street View panoramas
Supported locations (subject to change between app updates):
New York City
Salt Lake City
Westchester-Hudson Valley, NY