MyPOD Podcast Manager Free
by: Sentinel Web Technologies • 1.8K
This the fully re-built MyPOD it's currently in Beta, so we are still ironing out some kinks (they are coming out by the day) ...
Note: V1 is still available in another slot - see other apps. I am sorry for interrupting your life but change has to occur - V2 is better once you know it ... hands down.
Note: Please uninstall the beta MyPOD app (purple icon) if you install this one as well. You should only use this app or the beta app but not both.
TIPS: Check settings > storage if downloads don't appear to work and allocate space.
Don't complain here - it's useless! - email me bugs at my-pod.org - I am always happy to help.
MyPOD is a media browser - it finds media in Podcasts and Blogs and makes it all available for you to play. MyPOD aims to fill in the gaps by combing powerful feed and web-browsing capabilities, cross-device management and syncing we want to be the best free podcasting app on the market - so let us know how we are doing !!!
* Auto-update and download w. many tunings. Easily stream or download anything.
* Great UI with Side-drawer nav, refine/sort, overflow and bulk operations everywhere.
* Manage all you podcasts on your desktop using the web interface. Sync you feeds across all your devices.
* Great Explore & Discover section with Recommended, iTunes search, YouTube channels, all the top networks scanned regularly.
* Player with history, configurable skip buttons, playlist integrated, show notes.
* Dual player for spicing up that monotonic voice podcast (just play you fave music in the background).
* Web player for normal web pages. Easily manage what you play from the web.
* Use the Android share functionality to share webpages & feeds with MyPOD
* Play Youtube, Vimeo, ... videos in the background without the need to keep the screen on.
* Choose save location globally or per podcast - useful if you listen off the SD card (e.g. in car)
* Works great on tablets (Some more refinements are coming in Beta).
* Lots of import functions and options (OPML, text, sharing).
* Automatic space management.
* Username/password (401) support for paid feeds.
* Auto sorts new/download/listened episodes.
* Smart Playlists, build your own channels. Drag re-order.
* Android widget & notification integration.
* Supports YouTube Feeds, RSS, ATOM.
* MyPOD also has an open catalogue, also iTunes podcast and YouTube channel search.
The UI has been built to handle a lot of feeds - just star your fave podcasts and it auto updates and downloads new episodes for you. Powerful features like filtering, multi-select, drag-and-drop re-ordering, flyin navigation and swipe-to-dismiss, make organisation a breeze. Our introduction and intro help screens will have you up and running in a jiffy. Powerful playlists help sort your content into your own channels so you can just stick them on and go.
android.permission.INTERNET : Basic internet usage (download feeds & files)
android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE : Determine if network is available
android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE : Determine if wifi is available
android.permission.BATTERY_STATS : Determine if power is connected
android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE : Determine is a call is received so player can be paused automatically during a phone call. Also for generating/checking unlock key info (IMEI number)
android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED : Start services when phone starts
android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE : Write to SD Card (for podcast file storage)
android.permission.WAKE_LOCK : To keep the internet connection alive while downloading.
android.permission.BLUETOOTH : for bluetooth
If you don't like it - don't use it, there are other podcatchers available on android market such as Beyond Pod, DoggCatcher, PodTrapper, Listen, Hapi Podcast, pocketcasts, pocket cast, one cast, upod, radio, etc. MyPOD is a power user app.
Tags: free podcast manager , podcast , mypod , best free podcast manager , podcast manager , beyondpod podcast manager , mypod podcast manager , mypod podcast manager _od , free podcast