NOAA Hi-Def Radar
by: WeatherSphere • 4.4K
NOAA Hi-Def Radar puts the power of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration in the palm of your hand. Track weather patterns and stay up-to-date on the latest radar information, to within the minute. It's an excellent weather tracking app with few flaws.
If you are looking for a weather solution that is on-target and current to within minutes, this app will be your friend. For those looking for quick weather information, the app load up times are quick and the weather information is accurate to within two minutes. This is a feature-rich hi-def radar weather tracking option.
NOAA Hi Def Radar could be enhanced even more by having a lightning layer that allows you to see strikes further back in time. Also, don't just tell us snow, tell us how much.
Tags: noaa hi def radar , noaa hi-def radar , hi def radar , radar hi def , noaa app that shows forest fires , is hi def radar a good , high def radar , hi-def radar , hi def radar free
Aug 28, 2015
A simple yet powerful app that combines science with simplicity for viewing real-time animated weather radar images in vivid color on a highly responsive interactive map.
With this major update comes new radar and new weather map options.
New hi-definition radar provides stunning precipitation detail. See freezing rain (pink) areas of radar so you know where hazardous road conditions are likely.
New Layers on the weather map let you see recent weather activity from the last 6 to 12 hours.
• Clouds & Radar together
• Wind Speed
• Snow Cover
• Water Temperatures
• Road Weather
Alerts on the weather map let you see severe weather warning boxes where dangerous weather is happening.
• Tornadoes and Thunderstorm watches and warnings
• Flood watches and warnings
• Hurricane and Tropical Storm forecast tracks
• Hurricane and Tropical Storm watches and warnings
• Storm Tracks with detailed storm information
• Winter storm watches and warnings
• Marine and coastal alerts
• Earthquakes over the last 48 hours
Enhance your app with a Future Weather auto-renewing subscription for purchase within the app for $0.99/month. Future Weather lets you see:
• Radar up to 6 hours in the future
• Temperature Forecast map up to 12 hours in the future
Please note the following about Future Weather's auto-renewing subscription:
• Payment will be charged to your Google Play account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
Additional features include:
• Install and go, no complex setup.
• Select opacity of radar images for your preference.
• Near real-time, shows the latest radar images within minutes of being gathered.
• Sharp radar images even on retina displays that show the latest radar images within minutes.
• Get detailed and trustworthy forecasts for all your locations.
• Check the current weather and forecast for any point on the map.
• Bookmark multiple locations for fast and easy access to your favorite places.
• Current conditions, hourly and five-day forecasts alongside detailed weather information, including pressure readings for all your locations.