A Bird's Journey
by: Salad Gamer • 1.7K
It's a bizarre premise: play the part of a teeny bird flapping as far as he can across the ocean - but set onstage in a theatre. The execution is completely flawless, though, and the music and graphics are unusual and gorgeous. Salad Gamer's A Bird's Journey is a beautifully addictive little game.
Control the flight of the bird protagonist by tapping judiciously - your energy meter will go down with each flap. Avoid the ships and buoys blocking your way, but skim across the surface of the waves as much as possible for bonus points. Get far enough and your friend the whale will help you burst forward into the next scene.
The ambiance of this game is engrossing. The theatre set really looks as though it's made out of several layers of construction paper, and the color scheme is calming and attractive. The slightly electronic beat in the background is just lovely, and grows in complexity as you advance in level.
The game is designed to slowly reward your efforts, offering small extras each time you complete a certain number of points. It keeps the flight fresh, and I found myself genuinely desiring to unlock more of the achievements.
Salad Gamer's A Bird's Journey is extremely well-designed, simple, pleasing to look at, and great fun for casual gamers of any age.
Tags: tiny bird’s
by Janel , Appszoom
Nov 12, 2013
Some reviews (iPhone version) :
- "This is brilliant, simple but extremely fun and addictive :) recommend !"
- "The graphics and design are unique, the game is funny"
- "This is a simple yet amazing little game. The soundtrack is beautiful and blends perfectly with the art style."
Tonight you play the main role of "A Bird's Journey" and dream to fly around the world through theatrical scenes. Learn to flap your tiny wings saving your energy and avoiding boats on your way. Fortunately you can count on your friend the whale to help you and on bonus items you can grab like energy hearts.
Fly as far as possible and reach glory by completing your theatrical play and receiving a standing ovation!
- "One button" gameplay: very simple to learn but really skillful.
- Different scenes/levels with unique look and ambiance.
- XP system to improve your bird skills.
- Many bonus to unlock like an aviator helmet, energy items or speed boosts.
- "Paper theater" style graphics with high definition support.
- Many achievements to complete.
Please rate "A Bird's Journey" in the Store if you like it to have more free content in future updates!