by: Kostas Nakos • 456
Colleen is an emulator of the Atari 8bit home computer series. These include the 400, 800, XL and XE series. Colleen is the official android port of the Atari800 open source project.
Colleen now includes Tom Hudson's revamp of the 1984 game, Planetary Defense 2012! Play using direct touchscreen input and submit your high-score online to compete with other players! Find this special game edition in the application's preferences.
Some highlights of the port include:
* Efficient performance
* Joystick emulation via:
- multi/single touch on-screen
- hardware keyboard (re-mappable), or
- external peripheral such as the Wiimote (re-mappable)
* Paddle emulation by touch input
* Full hardware keyboard support
* Integrated emulated keyboard
* OpenSL ES native sound for perfect sound playback.
* Saving/Loading of save states
* NTSC and PAL machines
* Supports disks, cassettes and executable files
* Multi disk drive management
* User interface fully integrated with android
* Supports 'Move to SD' feature
* Highly configurable via the preferences menu
* Special UI support for Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean
A user manual for Colleen also exists:
This program is not affiliated with Atari Inc. Atari and the Atari logo are trademarks owned by Atari Interactive, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Tags: colleen emulator , colleen , colleen droid , colleen keyboard , collen , using gamepad on colleen emulator , best atari 800 emulator , colleen atari , load savestates colleen