Crazy Taxi Classic
by: SEGA • 44.2K
Crazy Taxi is one of the most played games in arcades. Despite it's not as old-school as Street Fighter saga, it's quite difficult to find out there a guy who hasn't ever played this late-arcade (and Dreamcast) success.
Sega of America is now giving us the chance to play Crazy Taxi from our mobile devices. Does this port make sense? Definitely: Crazy Taxi perfectly fits into mobile. It features a fast-paced and casual gameplay. Pick customers on your taxi and give them a fast and risky ride to the destination. The faster and riskier you get there, the more cash you'll earn. Run over anything on the way.
In Crazy Taxi, the end justifies the mean, dude.
Crazy Taxi features three different game modes: Arcade, Original and Crazy Box (stunt mode). You can choose playing by arcade/original rules or perform work for 3, 5 and 10 minutes. That's what I meant with a format that perfectly fits mobile. Pick'n'play gameplay.
Graphics are simple yet neat and polished. Exactly as you remember them in the arcades / Dreamcast versions. You can choose the control scheme: touch (left/right arrows, go forward / back) and tilt. The game runs overall smoothly even on medium-end devices.
Although I'm personally missing the social layer (online multiplayer mode, global leaderboards...) which would strictly make Crazy Taxi a mobile native title, the rest of features fulfill the expectations put on the port of this classic.
Go pick the next one up!
Tags: crazy taxi classic sega , crazy taxi classic , crazy taxi classic game
by Manu , Appszoom
Mar 17, 2014
Hey hey, come on over and have some fun with Crazy Taxi, SEGA's ground-breaking, open-world driving game. Here. We. Go! Play for free and earn craaaazy money!
Barrel through traffic packed streets, hurdle off parking garages, and crazy combo your way to crazy money in a wild frantic race to scare up the most fares. In Crazy Taxi, time is money, and only the craziest cabbies come out victorious.
Crazy Taxi joins the SEGA Forever Classic Games Collection, a treasure trove of free SEGA console classics brought to life on mobile for the first time!
- Remastered for mobile devices based on the hugely popular Dreamcast classic
-Rock out to original music by The Offspring and Bad Religion
-Choose from 3, 5 or 10 minute game play in Arcade Mode and Original Mode
- Continue the madness with Crazy Box's 16 mini games
SEGA FOREVER FEATURES
- PLAY FREE
- LEADERBOARDS – compete with the world for high scores
- GAMES RELEASED EVERY MONTH - Download them all!
- CONTROLLER SUPPORT: HID compatible controllers
-“Addictive and fun, fun, fun!” [94%] - Stuart Taylor, Dreamcast Magazine #5 (January 2000)
- “There's enough depth to the gameplay to make you question whether you could ever truly master it all” [9/10] - Tom Guise, The Official Dreamcast Magazine #5 (March 2000)
- The original arcade game was available in both standing and seated cabinet forms
- Crazy Taxi announcer Bryan Burton-Lewis also voices Axel and various customers throughout the Crazy Taxi series
- Superman (1978) and Lethal Weapon (1987) director Richard Donner acquired the rights to make a live action Crazy Taxi film in 2001
CLASSIC GAME FACTS
- Originally released in arcades in 1999 and ported to Dreamcast in 2000
- Sequels Crazy Taxi 2 and Crazy Taxi 3 landed on Dreamcast and Xbox in 2001 and 2002 respectively
- Developed by SEGA AM3, which later became Hitmaker
- - - - -
Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play option available with in-app purchase.
This game may include "Interest Based Ads" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#3IBADiscolure for more information) and may collect "Precise Location Data" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#5LocationDataDisclosure for more information)
SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo and CRAZY TAXI are either registered trade marks or trade marks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.