FIST OF AWESOME
by: I Fight Bears • 1.5K
Fist of awesome is an absurd, unnecessarily retro-retro designed and nonsense 2D sidescrolling beat'em-up about a redneck sort-of time traveler who ends up in a world ruled by bears, which is unbearable, and is controlled by his evil fist of might, in which might be the worst plot ever if not for a thousand Hammer films from the late sixties.
Stages are divided as "worlds" as you free Bearhattan and other emblematic places of this alternative timeline. It's all about advancing and beating anyone on your way, you can kick and jump and jump and kick and punch and stomp knocked enemies.
The main point is, hold tight, that gameplay is really good, and by swiping and tapping you can perform a wide array of actions including holding and throwing enemies, as if it was a yet another 80s arcade game a quarter a play (yes, you can compare it to Double Dragon, Dragon Ninja, Shadow Warriors and the like), but adorned with a thousand and one unsound and hilarious details everywhere.
In conclusion, a great beat'em-up, really. However, we might only guess how it would be if its developer had taken it more seriously. Maybe this has been a lost chance to develop a beat'em-up masterpiece, or it's a stroke of genius we can only behold and understand as it is.
Tags: fist of awesome
by Peter , Appszoom
Dec 11, 2013
Have you ever wanted to punch a bear IN THE MOUTH?
FIST OF AWESOME asks the eternal question "what would happen if bears took over the world?" and answers it with the epic tale of a lumberjack travelling through time punching bears in the face to save humanity.
If you like bear puns then you're in for a treat. If you also like classic side-scrolling brawlers from the early 90s then sit down, pour a scotch, and get ready for the greatest time-travelling-lumberjack-em-up of all time.
- A lumberjack who travels through time punching bears in the face to save humanity
- Develop Award Nominated soundtrack by Brendan Ratliff aka Echolevel
- Okay-ish pixel graphics
- An impawsible number of bear-themed puns
- Google Play Services integration
- Visit the "More" screen and tap the online icon to view unlocked Achievements
- Online Leaderboards are provided for all Arena Mode stages
- Gamepad support
- Support for PS3, XBox, Red Samurai and MOGA controllers
- Also compatible with most other generic Bluetooth controllers
- Tutorial adapts based on input method used
- Fully compatible with most Android micro-consoles including Mad Catz MOJO and Nvidia Shield
- Optimised for tablets