by: Robert Broglia • 2.1K
If you're looking for a good NES emulator for your Android, NES.emu by Robert Broglia is one of the best user-rated ones out there. Why? It's simple - it's also one of the most thorough and complete ones in terms of features and functions. By using NES.emu you can load ROMS in both .unf and .nes formats, you can continue the games where you left off, set up touch controls and even play with controllers and keyboards which you can connect with USB or Bluetooth. Plus you can add cheats (by using .cht files), play with both horizontal and vertical screens and tweak the advanced settings.
It's easy of use, compatibility with different ROM formats and controls, and the advanced features are its main strengths.
It would have been nice to have a small collection of ROMs by default or at least a search engine where you could download them straight to your mobile without having to transfer them via USB.
Tags: fceux , apk 1.4.8 , 1.4.7 apk , 1.4.12 apk , 1.4.29 apk , 1.4.8 apk , apk , apk 1.4.12 , apk 1.4.29
by Manu , Appszoom
Jul 07, 2015
Advanced open-source NES/Famicom emulator based on FCEUX 2.2.3-svn, designed and tested on the original Droid/Milestone, Xoom, Galaxy S2, Nexus 4, Nexus 7, NVidia Shield, Xperia Tablet Z, and Xperia Play, but works on virtually any device with similar or better specs.
* Backup memory and save state support, state files from FCEUX should work on NES.emu and vice-versa.
* Supports ROM-based games in .nes and .unf formats, optionally in ZIP, RAR, or 7Z files
* Famicom Disk System emulation using .fds files (select your BIOS in the options first)
* VS UniSystem support, push Start to insert coins
* Uses FCEU-compatible cheat files (.cht extension) with editing features
* Zapper/Gun support, touch screen to fire, touch & hold outside of display area to simulate firing away from the TV
* Configurable on-screen multi-touch controls
* HID Bluetooth/USB gamepad & keyboard support compatible with any input device recognized by the OS (MOGA Pro, etc.), Wii controllers also supported if running Android 4.1 or lower, all devices support custom key profiles
* Works in any orientation
No ROMs are included with this app and must be supplied by the user. A number of public domain games/demos are available at www.pdroms.de. Transfer games anywhere to your internal storage/SD card and browse to them from within the app (default SD card directory is /mnt/sdcard).
Follow me on Twitter for updates about my apps:
Visit the homepage at explusalpha.com for more info & apps, ports for other platforms, and GPL source code. Please report any crashes or device-specific problems via email (include your device name and OS version) so future updates continue to run on as many devices as possible.