by: Roobr Arcade • 14
Stax is a challenging, free to play, game of timing, dexterity, understanding of physics, and of course, luck! The concept is simple, but mastery might be impossible -- catch blocks as they fall from the sky. Stack them up to the finish line before gravity overcomes the blocks' potential energy.
Goal of the Game:
Move the base block left and right to catch the blocks as they fall. Stack up the blocks as straight as possible to prevent the stack from falling over. Use the walls to help. Avoid bombs and three blocks of the same color - they will explode! Don't drop too many blocks or you'll lose. Build your stack up to the finish line as quickly as possible to beat the level and unlock more powerups and the next level.
Compete with other players for the best time on each level -- it's tougher than it looks!
- Realistic physics engine: blocks move, sway and react to collisions just as they would in real life
- Power-ups are available to aide you in each level (immediately straighten a crooked stack, disable random bomb spawns, etc.)
- "Bad Blocks" randomly spawn and attempt to destroy your stack (bombs, countdown blocks that explode, etc.)
- Mix and match Power-ups with Bad Blocks for unique bonuses
- 30 Challenging levels to unlock
- Compete with players from across the world for the fastest level completion times (leaderboards)