by: Force Of Habit • 453
Toast Time is the perfect example of how games can be addictive and fun even if they don't have astonishing 3D graphics. The folks at Force of Habit have focused in playability here and the outcome is definitely worth your bucks. If you aren't afraid of pixels, you are going to enjoy this to the fullest.
Toast Time is, above all, an original game. Surprisingly, the main character is a toaster called Terry. As innocent as a toaster may look, this one's armed to the teeth. Its weapons are though bagels, bagettes, toasts (of course!) and many others you'll be unlocking as you beat levels. The goal here is killing and destroy anything showing up in the screen. Little monsters will try to touch the clock: you must avoid it by all means (otherwise, the game will be over). Shoot at them, shoot at crates too to change your weapon and above all, survive the countdown.
Toast Time is simple regarding graphics: retro is trend, didn't you know? All of the power to the pixels. However, it has all the elements to make a game highly playable: over 40 (increasing difficulty), achievements, weapons to unlock and upgrade, game stats and character customization. Likewise, you can share scores in your social media.
In a nutshell, a well-crafted retro casual game. Highly recommended.
by Emmanuel , Appszoom
Oct 16, 2013
Hear hear! The best thing since sliced bread.
• "Toast Time is for you." 5 / 5 - TouchArcade
• "Breakfast-themed digital madness." 5 / 5 - Big Red Barrel
• "See what indie games on smart phones should feel like." 87/100 - PixelFreak
• "A retro experience like no other." 4.5 / 5 - GameWoof
• "Completely bonkers, packed with humour, full of cute levels and charm and is endless amounts of fun!" 4.5 / 5 - CalmDownTom
• "A perfect showcase for what can be achieved on the mobile platforms." - The Reticule
An appetising arena shoot-em-up garnished with tower-defence elements and served warm with awesome-sauce (probably syrup).
A throwback to the golden age of video games where old-school homebrew titles fused arcade action with a distinctly British sense of humour.
Inter-dimensional time-blob beasties have sailed the cosmos in pursuit of spare time, and now they've found it, tasted it, on an idyllic Monday morning.
Assume the role of TERRY (toast-ejecting recoil & reload system), a humble and solitary toaster with an uncontrollable love for English breakfasts, hats and scheduling.
Tap to launch toast, crumpets and magnitudes of other breakfast paraphernalia at the beasties. Bounce around and crush them with your hot metallic mass. Tip over bins, and use the environments to your advantage. Drink a little coffee and go a little crazy. Do everything it takes to defend toast time – you are Monday morning's final hope. Have your toast and eat it.
• 54 action-packed missions.
• 16 exciting bread-based weapon upgrades.
• Iron man survival mode.
• Bonus COFFEE TIME mode.
• Loads of colourful pixel art hats and customisations.
• Addictive and original gameplay specifically designed for touch.
• Achievements and online high-scores.
• Super-slick audio and calibrated soundtrack -- each level has its own track!
• No IAPs. All DLC completely free!