Learn Letter Sounds with Carnival Kids
by: Intellijoy Educational Games for Kids • 12.5K
Kids ABC offers several activities where you have to learn and build the letters of the alphabet and even making some words. A sweet voice accompanies the kid and touch response seems tuned to suit a children's skill.
This app ranges from A to H, but it can be upgraded to Z through an in-app purchase. There's a lock to prevent children to buy anything or accidentally delete any contact or otherwise important item.
We like that developers work on creating children-friendly apps. From a sensible point of view, this app is a really good job. In fact, it could also be a great app for foreign parents who want their children have a first contact with the English language.
This app belongs to Kid's series from Intellijoy, a company specialized in educational games. All their apps are plain fun for children. It's better played on a tablet. Anyway, a perfect app to let them play while you drive, for example.
Tags: kids abc phonics lite , kids abc phonics , abc phonics with , phonics , kids abc phonics apk , phonics games for kids , abc dots kids , kids alphabet games , phonics abc
by Peter , Appszoom
Jun 15, 2011
Kids educational games is all we do! Phonics made easy!
This lite version has the first four out of the eight activities (see below).
Kids ABC Letters and followed by Kids ABC Trains
Learn Letter Sounds with Carnival Kids is the second app in our Reading Curriculum Series.
Have Suggestions or Issues?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and you'll get a prompt response.
Kids ages 2-7 (Yes, parents tell us even two-year-olds are using it!)
"I couldn't get my phone back!"
This delightful game invites preschool-aged children to listen and learn the ABCs in ways that enchant them.
What will my children learn?
With Learn Letter Sounds with Carnival Kids, your kids will learn the alphabet letter sounds – guaranteed!
What won't my children learn?
Learn Letter Sounds with Carnival Kids teaches letter sounds and the basics of blending, but does not teach the next step, which is fluency in actual reading. Developing reading skills is a separate educational goal, which is covered in a separate game, called Kids Learn to Read, which was featured at the Google I/O on May 11th. Including in-depth reading skills in Learn Letter Sounds with Carnival Kids would detract from the focus of this game and make it too complex to invite and delight children.
What activities are included in this game?
This lite version has the first four out of the following eight wonderfully child-friendly sections.
- Learn Letter Sounds. Kids hold and turn a picture-filled letter block and hear the ABC phonics being pronounced.
- Build Letter Blocks. Children have fun building phonics recognition skills by making their own ABC blocks.
- Pop Letter Bubbles. Kids love to pop bubbles. But don't be fooled. By the time children are done with this game, they will know what letter goes with which sound by heart.
- Make Words. While putting puzzles together, kids learn the basics of phonics blending. These skills will be further exercised and expanded in the upcoming Kids Reading game.
- Let's Get Rhyming. Children roll the bowling ball and learn to clearly distinguish word-ending syllables.
- Ride the Ferris Wheel. Kids get more practice for the ending sounds.
- Squirt the Duck. Children learn the concept of vowels.
- Wack-a-Mole. This old time favorite is a new way to practice letter sounds.
Every section is designed so children enjoy success time after time and receive positive reinforcement from the likable lady teacher. So they want to keep learning.