by: Pavel Porvatov • 22K
Don't worry if your computer beats you at checkers; you can always beat it at kickboxing (thanks, Emo Philips!). Hone your double-jump skills in Pavel Porvatov's All-In-One Checkers, wherein you can play more than 30 varieties of the game against either a CPU or a friend (or your mom, you know).
The layout's just like you'd expect - a standard checkers board wherein you must jump your pieces across the board in the timeless struggle to eliminate the pieces of the opponent. Select whether you'd like to play against the CPU (with an intelligence of your choice, from "novice" to "professional") or a human (on the same device). The automatic game is classic checkers, but there are zillions of varieties to choose from, most of which I have no idea what they are: "gothic," "laska," "stavropol," and "crowded," among many others.
The visuals are customizable and actually quite well done. There's nothing complicated or impressive about checkers boards, but they're smooth and pleasing to play on. Controlling the pieces is intuitive and looks great.
The one thing that would really make the app score big would be the ability to play versus other players over the cloud - there's something pleasing about that which you just can't get out of a CPU experience. I'd also really like a brief description of what all the different varieties are, so that I know how to choose from amongst the 30.
Still, Pavel Porvatov's All-In-One Checkers is a great choice for checkers fans of any age.
Tags: checkersland добавить список ходов , all in one checkers , all-in-one checkers , мировые шашки скачать , шашки уголки для планшета , croda checkers , world class checkers , шашки крода , zoom шашки польские
by Janel , Appszoom
Jan 30, 2014
Checkersland is a free program that supports more than 30 kinds of checkers. A very strong artificial intelligence, good-looking interface and a lot of useful settings for playing hot-seat with another opponent or on your phone against the AI. Don't miss this game!
* Supported kinds of checkers: 80-cellular, Armenian, Brazilian/German, Canadian, checkers/American, corners (12 draughts), corners (9 draughts), croda, crowded, Czech, diagonal, Filipino, give-away, gothic, Greek, international/Polish, Italian, laska, lika, Malaysian/Singaporean, pool, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, sparse, Sri Lankian, stavropol, Thai, towers, towers give-away, and Turkish
* Two-player mode
* Improved AI and 7 levels of difficulty from novice to professional
* The game supports more than 10 languages
* Beautiful interface and several board skins: wood, marble and leather
* The game looks great on all devices: on small screens there is only necessary information and the board is as large as possible, on large screens and tablets high-resolution images are used
* Fluid animation with animation speed setting
* Moves selection is possible by touching and dragging
* Undo and redo move are supported
* Current game is always stored, therefore you can continue it at any time
* Sounds are available and can be turned off
* Additional useful settings: possible move highlighting, quick move selection, disable screen dimming or deny screen auto-rotation
* On multi-core devices the AI uses all the cores and makes moves faster
* The game is optimized very well and its size is less than 1 megabyte, so it doesn't take up a lot of space on your phone or tablet
shashki, checkers, draughts, dama, damas, online, play, logic, brain games, free, single-player, two-player