by: Giggly Mill • 5.6K
Asteroid Impacts is one of those games that hides a lot of physics and math work behind crude vectorial graphics and a sci-fi-like tune. Your goal is to destroy a given planet throwing asteroids nearby at it. Once you reach the core of that planet, it'll blow off and you get onto the next stage.
Gameplay is as simple as tapping on an asteroid and drag it to wherever you want to throw it. Gravity plays its part, too, so if you're skillful enough you can avoid obstacles and maximize the impact thanks to parabolas. It's as fun as you want, as there is no storyline or any other goal other than get a better score and unlock all 40 levels. It's more of a puzzle game rather than an educational one, so expect to learn nothing of physics or astronomy.
Anyway, it's free, quite original, challenging and an interesting addition to your app-theque.
Tags: asteroid impacts , asteroid impact level 12
by Peter , Appszoom
Jun 25, 2013
Use your dexterity and wits to guide various types of asteroids on their journey through outer space. Become the center of gravity and lead them to their ultimate goal – a planet’s core.
Stand up to the film and game industry that tells you to fight alien invaders and help them instead! Find out what happens if some asteroids actually reach their targets…
One outcome that is to be expected: a good time for you!
You are about to destroy dozens of worlds* in almost 60 tricky levels using different types of asteroids and your brain to figure out how to do so. Prepare to get properly entertained by a truly innovative and intuitive way to control the scene, stylish graphics, and a novel kind of gameplay.
• Free! Give it a try :)
• Stylish & unique graphics (maybe comparable to the neon/glowing graphics style of Tron)
• Adjustable to different device capabilities (3 levels of graphic-details)
• 59 levels (and more to come)
• Fitting audio support and explosion effects
• Intuitive & innovative physics-based game controls
• Vast space levels in an almost unlimited universe
• Different asteroid** types/zones/types of planets
• Relaxed but challenging gameplay
I'm a single independent developer and therefore I can always use some help marketing my game :) - if you like what you see please support my work by:
- giving it a good rating
- liking it on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/AsteroidImpacts)
- recommending it to your friends and family
If you have any problems or suggestions do not hesitate to contact me under: email@example.com or via the Facebook page.
Enjoy your journey!
* it goes without saying that those are – unlike the earth – unpopulated ;)
** often similarly/equivalently referred to as meteor, meteoroid, meteorite, comet or shooting star