by: Mokus Games • 2.6K
Contre Jour is a series of clever, beautiful puzzles for your inner goth child. It's darkly delightful to exploring how you can manipulate the world to help oddball Petit to the light endpoint of each level.
You have no control over the movements of Petit - neither does he - but instead can morph the ground itself. Create hills and valleys to use the pull of gravity to help you out. Hook Petit with hanging tentacles that propel him into the air, and use geysers and pulleys to creatively move him about the silhouetted world.
The 5 chapters - including 100 levels in all - are accompanied by a calming, slightly eerie piano soundtrack specially composed for the game. It hits the very sweet spot between art and app, and the game mechanic is wholly original. Highly worthwhile.
Tags: contre jour lite , contre jour wont start , contre jour wont work
by Janel , Appszoom
Jul 03, 2014
Blurring the lines between games and interactive art, Contre Jour welcomes you to a hauntingly beautiful world shaped by the interplay of light and darkness.
Use your finger to morph the landscape, propelling the mysterious creature Petit to safety. Pull, swipe, and tap gadgets such as tendrils, air geysers, and pulleys to complete clever puzzles. Set to a poignant orchestrated soundtrack from composer David Ari Leon, Contre Jour both delights and bedevils from start to finish.
**Runs beautifully on tablets**
Contre Jour Highlights
• 5 chapters featuring 100 unique levels, as well as 300 collectable lights, will have you playing for hours and hours.
• Use extremely intuitive controls to change the environment around you.
• 12 different interactive elements to master; portals, slingshots, tentacles, blowers and more.
• Stunning visual style places Contre Jour in a league of it’s own – simply one of the most beautiful games of the year.
• Rich, organic and original soundtrack by David Ari Leon perfectly matches Petit’s journey. Get some headphones and lose yourself in the world of Contre Jour.
• Unlock a variety of achievements as you play, can you find them all?