by: TeddyDroid • 3
LoA is an abstract strategy board game for two players with very simple rules, but deep and complex strategies.
Is a connection game like Hex or Twixt, but in contrast to the typical connection games, LoA is more chess-like because pieces are moved over the board instead of put on the board, and pieces can be captured.
LoA was invented by Claude Soucie in the early 1960s, and was popularized by Sid Sackson in the first edition of his book "A Gamut of Games", (1969). The game was recommended by the "Spiel des Jahres" in 1988. (German for Game of the Year), an award for board and card games, created in 1978 with the stated purpose of rewarding excellence in game design, and promoting top-quality games in the German market.
LoA is one of the games of the annual tournaments "Mind Sports Olympiad", where run many World Championships of mental disciplines, and "Computer Olympiad", a multi-games event in which computer programs compete against each other.
Currently, the unique LoA game for Android!
- Version without advertising
- Access to Master level (disabled at free version)
- Suitable for both Phones and Tablets
- One or two player mode with several dificulty levels
- Supports english and spanish, including "How to play" guide
- Appearance and functionality fully customizable, even the disputable rules
Tags: loa pro