Zap The Ghost
by: Flavius Ivasca • 44
Zap The Ghost is a free (ad-supported) game which requires the user to tap various characters that appear on the screen.
How to play
The purpose of the game consists of gaining as many points as you can before you run out of lives.
You gain points by tapping various characters that appear, from time to time in the windows of a haunted house.
Some of the characters are bad (ghosts, vampires, skull, pumpkin etc) so you will be rewarded points if you tap them but will lose one life if you fail to tap them.
Other characters are good (boy, girl, panda, frog etc) so you will lose points and one life if you tap them.
This game has two difficulty levels: Easy and Hard.
Once you run out of lives the number of points that you managed to gather is your highscore. If high enough, this score will be saved locally on the device as well as globally using Swarm.
Swarm is a highscore provider which makes your scores available over the internet and allows you to compete with other people playing the game in leaderboards.
There are two leaderboards currently, one for Easy Difficulty and the other for Hard Diffculty.
1. INTERNET - Needed to access and submit scores to Swarm, access Credits links and send optional Crash Reports.
2. READ_PHONE_STATE - Allows Swarm to prevent fraud and create a secure environment (no personally identifiable information is used).
3. ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - Allows Swarm to detect when a user is online or when the user's connection has been lost.
4. READ_LOGS - Allows debug logs to be collected and set along with optional Crash Reports. Note that you will be prompted when a Crash Report occurs and you can decide whether you want to send it or not.
5. WAKE_LOCK - Prevents the phone from going to sleep (locking) while playing the game.
This game was designed and developed by Flavius Ivasca. Here is my Android Development Blog: http://flaviusivascaandroid.blogspot.com/
I would like to thank the following people and organizations for providing content:
1. AndEngine by Nicolas Gramlich - http://www.andengine.org/
2. Swarm Connect - http://swarmconnect.com/
3. ACRA Crash Reporter - http://code.google.com/p/acra/
4. Milos Mirkovic for the beautiful Halloween Icon Pack - http://arrioch.deviantart.com/
5. Olesya Kozlova for the beautiful Zoom-Eyed Icon Pack - http://turbomilk.com/downloads/zoom_eyed/
6. VisualPharm for the "Must Have" Icon Pack - http://www.visualpharm.com/
7. Sound Jay for the music and sound effects - http://www.soundjay.com/
8. Silviu Galla for his artwork designing the Haunted House and background - http://www.facebook.com/people/Silviu-Galla/1694207792
This game should theoretically run on every device that runs Android 2.1 or newer.
The following devices were tested:
- Samsung Galaxy S2
- HTC Wildfire S
- Motorola Defy
- Emulator with 320x480 and 1024x768 resolutions
In case you have problems running the game please upgrade the game to the latest version available on Google Play and recreate the problem. If the problem still occurs please take one of the following actions:
- If the game crashes, please send a Crash Report (you will be prompted to do so and can choose whether to send it or not)
- Please write me a mail on firstname.lastname@example.org explaining the problem and telling me some information about your phone (model, resolution, Android etc)
I hope you enjoy this game and please don't forget to rate it!
Tags: Zap Ghost Haunted House Tap Window Swarm Flavius Halloween Killer Nigh Dark Moon Stars Vampire Skull Pumpkin Dracula Dog Cat Frog
Tags: flavius ivasca , zap the ghost