by: Max Hirn • 257
User Manual: http://www.maxhirn.at/web/RadarContact_UserManual.pdf
NEW: Version 6.3 features a new airport and turn direction assignments! For other news see the "New Features" section below.
See the help section in the app for details.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: If the speech output of "non-native-english" airlines like Lufthansa, Alitalia etc. sounds strange, please make sure you have all needed languages (French, German, Italian) installed: Settings -> Language & Input -> Text-to-Speech Output -> Settings -> Install voice data
IMPORTANT: This app may be incompatible with the app "Launcher Pro". If it should crash after using "Launcher Pro", try starting RadarContact from the normal Android home screen.
Furthermore, if your device does not support Open GL ES 2 or is using a custom rom, it is likely that the app will not run.
This is more a simulation than an arcade game. However, you will find every information required in the help section so you can try being an air traffic controller even without previous aviation knowledge!
Important Note: This application is optimized for tablets! It should run on any screen size and resolution. On small screens however, usability may be restricted. Please try the free trial version before if in doubt. It is restricted to 15 aircraft per session and one airport.
- Control arrival and departure traffic (40 different airlines) at eight airports
- Assign headings, altitudes and speeds
- Clear Direct-To and into holdings
- Use RNAV transitions at selected airports
- Lead aircraft onto the instrument landing system
- Independent parallel approaches on some airports
- Handle occasional missed approaches
- Handle occasional emergencies
- Guide departures to their exit waypoint
- Observe minimum vectoring altitudes
- Deal with significant weather and aircraft avoidance headings
- Close and open your sector to handle heavy traffic
- Start with one airport, then unlock the other ones as your career progresses
- Customize datatags
- Measure success with a score system
- Upload your score (if desired) to compare with other players
- Hear audio readback of aircraft
- Save and load games
IMPORTANT NOTE: Custom firmwares may not be compatible with this app!
The following devices have been found incompatible so far due to memory/display issues causing crashes:
- Samsung Galaxy Ace (GT-S5830, GT-S5830i, GT-S5839i)
- Samsung Galaxy Ace Duo (GT-S6802)
- Samsung Galaxy Y (GT-B5510 and B5512, GT-S5360)
- Samsung Galaxy Y Duo (GT-S6102)
- Samsung Galaxy Pocket (GT-S5300, GT-S5300B)
- Samsung Galaxy Mini (GT-S5570, GT-S5570I)
- HTC Wildfire, Glacier and Thunderbolt
- Huawei Ideos, U8350, M835, U8180, Ascend
- Sony Ericsson LT18i
- Coolpads 8... model numbers
- LGE Pecan
- BCM 2157
- Toshiba AT300
- Alcatel OneTouch 890D, 983