by: Anchor FM Inc. • 14.8K
Welcome to your new internet radio app. Anchor brings bite-sized radio stations straight to your Android and iOS device. To get started, simply sign in with your Facebook or Twitter accounts, or an e-mail address. Then, after listening to a tutorial, swipe on the screen until you find a station you want to listen to. To skip a segment, simple tap once, and tap twice to skip the station entirely. If you like something, tap on the large applause button, and also hear applauses from other users in real time. Anchor also provides a call-in button to provide your feedback.
Anchor provides a highly functional live radio app with a strong emphasis on user interaction, and brings with it very high-quality audio, and an intuitive, clean UI with soft-colored visuals, making for a promising live internet radio app.
Yet, one of the biggest drawbacks Anchor currently faces is that you won’t find a lot of categories nor a lot of station variety, and you might have some issues loading podcasts at times, usually in lesser-known, and thus less popular, podcasts.
Mar 09, 2017
Anchor is the easiest way to make a podcast, ever. It's the only app that lets you record a high-quality podcast, and distribute it everywhere (including Apple Podcasts) – all in one place. No fancy equipment or podcasting experience necessary, and it’s 100% free!
MAKE A PODCAST FROM YOUR iPHONE, iPAD, OR COMPUTER:
* Record high-quality audio, either with your device’s built-in mic or by plugging in your favorite external microphone
* Record with friends or cohosts, anywhere in the world
* Take voice messages from your listeners, and add their questions/submissions to your next episode
* Add a variety of transitions and sound effects to your podcast
* Import audio from any app on your device to use in your podcast
* Add any song from Spotify or Apple Music (playable on Anchor only)
* Beautiful, visual episode builder makes it easy to edit and rearrange the audio in your podcast episodes
SHARE YOUR PODCAST EVERYWHERE:
* Easily distribute your podcast to all major podcast platforms (including Apple Podcasts) with just one tap
* Share the permalink for any episode or segment anywhere; anyone who doesn’t have Anchor installed can listen in their favorite podcast player or on your Anchor web profile without needing an account
* Embed any episode on your own website (or embed your podcast and it’ll always play the latest episode)
* Turn any short segment (anything under 2 minutes) into an automatically transcribed, animated video!
SEE WHO’S LISTENING:
* Track how many people hear each episode and which specific segments get the most plays
* See who on Anchor is listening to each segment
* Access even more detailed analytics on your desktop dashboard at www.anchor.fm
* Editing tools built specifically for podcasting: quickly trim the start/end points of your audio, or split long recordings into multiple segments to make them easier to cut or rearrange
* Fully compatible with split screen (try recording with the Notes app open if you need talking points!)
* Drag in audio from any compatible app on your iPad to add it to your episode builder or your Library
AS SEEN IN:
* Apple’s keynote at the 2017 Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC)!
* App Store App of the Day
* The New York Times
* The Verge
* Business Insider
* The Boston Globe
* Paste Magazine
* The Next Web
* And lots more!