by: Apple • 718
Designed by Apple, Clips brings a powerful photo and video editor, letting you take shots to add to a video roll as well as record longer takes that you can share right away with your friends. To get started, simply choose whether you want to snap a shot to add to a video, or record a longer video, and hold down to record. Both options let you add live filters, text, with video recording adding audio detection as you speak. Clips will also let you add shots and videos from your gallery to edit and add filters.
Not only does Clips sport a lot of intuitive features that are well-designed, but to be honest with you, I’ve never seen a camera with live filters and voice detection that works so well, making Clips an app you must check out.
To start using Clips, you’ll need to sport the latest smartphone device with the latest OS installed, which means you’ll need a newer and powerful device. The UI also feels confusing at times, and unfortunately, you can’t take landscape shots or videos, which is a definite bummer.
Apr 18, 2017
Clips is a new app for making fun videos to share with friends, family, and the world. With a few taps you can create and send a video message or tell a quick story with animated text, graphics and emoji, music, and more.
Videos made easy
• Clips lets you create videos in real time using simple controls — no timeline, tracks, or complicated editing tools
• Shoot live video and photos or add them from your library
• Easily mute audio, adjust the length of your clips, and reorder them
• Clips looks and works great on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
• Create animated titles and captions using just your voice
• Captions are generated automatically as you speak and match the timing of your voiceover
• Mix and match different styles throughout your video
• Tap your title to adjust text and punctuation or add inline emoji
• Give your photos and video clips a comic book look with color and black & white filters
• Drop in animated speech bubbles, arrows, and banners
• Add emoji on top of any photo or video clip
• Use full-screen posters with animated backgrounds and customizable text to help tell your story
• Drag and pinch while recording to add smooth pan and zoom animations to your photos and videos
• Add a music track from your library or use built-in soundtracks that automatically adjust to the length of your video
• Clips suggests people to share with based on who is in your video and whom you share with most often
• Tap a person in the share sheet to instantly send your video via Messages
• Send directly to Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and other popular social media sites