Aviation Cold Temperature Altitude Corrections for iPad
by: DBFlight • 0
Calculates cold temperature corrections to account for altimeter errors induced by operations in colder than standard temperatures.
Quickly and easily apply temperature corrections:
1. Enter airport elevation (or TDZE);
2. Select between Feet or Metres;
3. Select the temperature using the temperature slider;
4. Enter the altitudes for the desired fixes (fix names may be renamed as desired);
5. The temperature compensated altitude is calculated and displayed adjacent to the minimum altitude entered.
Enhanced slider for selecting temperature. Temperature may be set by sliding pointer or set incrementally by tapping or pressing to the left or right of the pointer.
Clean and intuitive user interface.
Temperature compensated altitudes calculated by this application are for use as reference only. It remains the Pilot in Command's responsibility to ensure the aircraft is operated at safe and appropriate altitudes.