by: Go Think Learning • 0
EquationLab transforms the way high school students learn to calculate and solve formula based calculations:
* At home and at school, EquationLab allows students to build confidence and improve exam results by interacting with and mastering all the equation skills needed.
* EquationLab gives teachers a resource they can use in classrooms to enrich teaching and engage students learning to calculate in maths, physics and technology.
* Parents can use EquationLab to check that homework is done correctly and be confident that, when their children use EquationLab, they are learning vital skills needed for improved grades and exam success.
* EquationLab is also a productivity tool for teachers and students. It's fast and easy to produce equations and solutions for documents or presentations; just paste the equation image provided. Never again work through the difficult and time consuming task of writing formula content for documents in equation editors.
EquationLab makes calculating more fun and learning more powerful.
** EquationLab for Learning **
EquationLab tackles a big problem; poor calculation skills limit life choices. Designed in Scotland by an experienced physics teacher, EquationLab works in all educational settings and teaches all the skills needed to be a calculation expert:
* Fast, intuitive formula calculations. Just select an equation, drag and drop to re-arrange, tap in the values and get your answer. It’s that easy! EquationLab reinforces an effective calculation thinking process and lets you solve equation based calculations in a fraction of the time it takes with pen, paper and calculator. Written work can be modelled on EquationLab's solutions and you won’t get frustrated trying to score out problems if you get stuck.
You can also enter values in your equation first and then rearrange. This approach to equation solving is favoured in the marking instructions of some examination boards; EquationLab supports teachers who wish to focus on this calculation approach.
* Interactive algebra. Learning to rearrange equations is a significant hurdle for many young people. Being able to practice rearranging equations in EquationLab's powerful algebra tutor makes learning fun for students.
* Rich equation stories. These include colourful descriptions, images, graphs and sample calculations so you can learn more about each equation as you calculate.
* Prefixes, decimal places, significant figures and scientific notation. By immediately seeing the effect of changing a unit prefix, changing your answer accuracy or presenting it in scientific notation, EquationLab provides a powerful, visual way for students and teachers to experience what these concepts really mean.
* Integration with email, Twitter and Facebook. Share formulae and solutions with friends and colleagues. Paste them in documents or presentations.
* Lots of background information. Read about algebra, rearranging equations, prefixes, decimal places, significant figures and scientific notation. There's even an in app data book so you can quickly look up important constants.
* Scientific calculator. Students will need a calculator in exams, so the app has one of these too.
** In App Purchase **
Upgrading EquationLab by In App Purchase gives you the full version of the app. This contains all 92 equations, equation stories and EquationLab's powerful interactive algebra tutor. Having completed the IAP, you will automatically get all future upgrades.
The full equation set includes:
- Maths: Fractions, percentages, circumferences and perimeters, areas, volumes, circle arc and sector, Pythagoras, line and gradient, trigonometry, sine and cosine rule, trigonometric area, roots of a quadratic equation.
- Physics: Mechanics, heat, waves, electricity, power and efficiency, optics, nuclear physics, gas laws and rotational motion.