Google Arts & Culture
by: Google, Inc. • 124.6K
Now Google has given us a way to view art from within the palm of our hand. With Arts & Culture, we explore artworks and artifacts from over 850 museums and archives. Don't have access to a local museum? Well just pick up your mobile device. This is an arts & culture learning tool you won't want to put down.
This is a really innovative concept in an app. There is a lot of content and information available within the app. The app has a lightweight design and a small footprint. It also loads up quickly and provides a reasonable level of functionality.
There was plenty of lag during menu transitions. The user interface seems a bit clunky and overworked. Where is a favorites button?
Dec 18, 2015
Keep exploring with Google Arts & Culture. Meet the people, visit the places and learn about the events that shaped our world. Discover collections curated by experts from the most famous museums. Be moved by stories depicted in thousands of photos, videos, manuscripts and artworks on every type of screen and in virtual reality. Find your favourite artworks, create your own collections and share them with friends.
Google Arts & Culture has collaborated with over 1,200 international museums, galleries and institutions from 70 countries to make their exhibits available for everyone online.
– Zoom Views – Experience every detail of the world’s greatest treasures
– Virtual Reality – Grab your Google Cardboard viewer and immerse yourself in arts and culture
– Browse by time and colour – Explore artworks by filtering them by colour or time period
– Virtual tours – Step inside the most famous museums in the world and visit iconic landmarks
– Personal collection – Save your favourite artworks and share your collections with friends
- Nearby - Find museums and cultural events around you
– Exhibits – Take guided tours curated by experts
– Daily digest – Learn something new every time you open the app
– Art Recognizer – Learn more about artworks by pointing your device camera at them, even when offline (at select museums)
– Notifications – subscribe to receive updates on the top arts and culture stories
– Location: Needed to recommend cultural sites and events based on your current location
– Camera: Needed to recognise artworks and provide related information about them
– Contacts (Get Accounts): Needed to allow sign in with a Google Account in order to store users' favourites and preferences
– Storage: Needed to allow artworks to be recognized and related information to be access while offline