by: Airside Mobile LLC • 35.4K
We really are living in the future - welcome to the official US Mobile Passport app, which will let you skip that terrible endless line at the border when coming in by flight. Enter in your passport control and customs declaration information in advance to generate personal QR code to present to CBP officers upon landing, and you'll be able to enter a special Mobile Passport Control line which should (in theory) move much faster than the normal line.
Currently, it's only available at Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport (ATL); many more locations are planned in the coming year. It's only applicable for US and Canadian citizens (on B1 or B2 visas) right now.
Remember - this isn't a passport replacement! You've got to bring your official paper passport as well.
Time will tell if this works well or not, but I'm super excited about the idea. We're all carrying mobile devices these days; it's time to take advantage of them to make actual pain points in our lives way easier.
by Janel , Appszoom
Aug 26, 2014
The Mobile Passport app speeds you through U.S. Customs when entering the USA at 1 cruise port and 24 airports!
Officially authorized by U.S. Customs and Border Protection, MOBILE PASSPORT allows U.S. and Canadian passport holders (on B1 or B2 visas) to submit their passport control and customs declaration information via their iPhone or iPad and bypass the regular line to enter the United States. This app effectively replaces the traditional blue-and-white paper declaration form required of all travelers entering the U.S. by air or sea.
1. Complete your profile with basic passport information.
2. Answer CBP’s questions about your trip.
3. Submit your information UPON YOUR ARRIVAL and get a receipt from CBP.
4. Follow the signs to the dedicated Mobile Passport Control lane.
5. Scan your receipt and show your passport to the CBP officer.
MOBILE PASSPORT service is currently available at:
- Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport (ATL)
- Baltimore-Washington Thurgood Marshall International Airport (BWI)
- Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
- Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport (DFW)
- Denver International Airport (DEN)
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL)
- Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH)
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- Miami International Airport (MIA)
- Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport (MSP)
- Newark International Airport (EWR)
- New York John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
- Orlando International Airport (MCO)
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX)
- Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU)
- Sacramento International Airport (SMF)
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
- San José International Airport (SJC)
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
- Tampa International Airport (TPA)
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
- William P. Hobby International Airport (HOU)
- Port Everglades (PEV)
with more airports and cruise ports to follow.
U.S. and Canadian citizens (on B1 or B2 visas) are eligible to use MOBILE PASSPORT. Household members who are traveling together may be included in a single submission.
Submissions must be sent upon arrival at the port of entry. Receipts are valid for 4 hours. Receipts may NOT be re-used or transferred.
****YOU MUST ENTER YOUR NAME AS IT IS ON YOUR PASSPORT.
****MOBILE PASSPORT IS NOT A REPLACEMENT FOR YOUR PASSPORT. BRING YOUR PASSPORT!