Robinhood - Stock Trading
by: Robinhood Markets, Inc. • 168.4K
Robinhood - Free Stock Trading is a free stock trading app available for iOS devices. Robinhood works by taking away the standard $10 fee charged by big name brokers like ETrade or Charles Schwab, allowing you to buy and sell stocks with absolutely no commission fees. With the app, you can also access market data and quotes in real time, track your portfolio, and tell when markets open and close. Robinhood can also deposit your money directly into your bank account.
Unlike most other stock trading apps in the market, Robinhood uses a very beautiful and intuitive interface, allowing for quick setup and great ease of use. As promised, there are no commission fees to buy and sell stocks. You also don’t need a minimum amount to begin invest; if you have a few bucks, you can get started right away.
Currently, Robinhood offers barebones stock trading, lacking advanced market options that other big name brokerages offer, such as trading options, OTC securities, and mutual funds. Only individual accounts are available, leaving out joint investors.
Jul 10, 2015
Invest for free
- Buy and sell stocks online, commission free.
- No minimum balance, so you can start investing at any level.
Investing at your fingertips
- Sign up in minutes, trade stocks in seconds. Easily buy and sell stocks in just a few taps.
- Use funds immediately with Robinhood Instant Deposits, instead of waiting the standard 3-day period.
- Stay on top of your investments with personalized push notifications that alert you on earnings, dividends, and splits.
- Access real-time stock market data.
- Place market, limit, stop loss, stop limit, and good-till-canceled orders.
Designed for you
- Approachable design, built from the ground up with newcomers and experts in mind.
- View beautiful, intuitively designed charts, and historical market data for any stock.
- Apple Design Award Winner.
Upgrade your account, subscribe to Gold
- Invest more in the companies you love with up to double the buying power.
- Capture investment opportunities right away with larger instant deposits.
- Get access to extended market hours as early as 9am EST and as late as 6pm EST.
Get Free Stock
- Refer a friend and you’ll both get a free stock!
- Earn up to $500 of free stocks that include some of the most popular stocks on the market.
Trusted by Millions in the USA
- Robinhood uses cutting-edge technology to ensure your information is fully encrypted and securely stored
- Robinhood is also a member of FINRA and SIPC, which protects securities customers of its members up to $500,000 (including $250,000 for claims for cash). Explanatory brochure available upon request or at www.sipc.org.
What Experts Have to Say
“The public markets have long been intertwined with the American Dream, and Robinhood offers a new generation the promise of owning a piece of it.” - Fast Company
"As their zero commission business model expands it could disrupt the traditional brokerage industry." - Jim Cramer, Mad Money
"It's sleek. It's easy to use. It's designed to give first time, small-scale investors a leg up on Wall Street hotshots." - Business Insider
"Stock trading was expensive and ugly. Robinhood makes it free and pretty." - Tech Crunch
Please read important disclosures below:
All investments involve risk and the past performance of a security, or financial product does not guarantee future results or returns. Keep in mind that while diversification may help spread risk it does not assure a profit, or protect against loss, in a down market. There is always the potential of losing money when you invest in securities, or other financial products. Investors should consider their investment objectives and risks carefully before investing.
Margin trading involves interest charges and risks, including the potential to lose more than deposited or the need to deposit additional collateral in a falling market. Before using margin, customers must determine whether this type of trading strategy is right for them given their specific investment objectives, experience, risk tolerance, and financial situation.
System response, execution price, speed, liquidity, market data, and account access times are affected by many factors, including market volatility, size and type of order, market conditions, system performance, and other factors.
All securities and investments are offered to self-directed customers by Robinhood Financial, LLC, member FINRA (www.finra.org) & SIPC (www.sipc.org). Robinhood Financial, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Robinhood Markets, Inc.