by: SideChef • 187
Being someone who loves to cook, I already use armfuls of cooking apps. Fast making its way to the top is SideChef: the app that makes an amateur like me feel like a pro. It boasts a strong community of top chefs, bloggers and foodies offering over 1000 recipes.
It works like a a social networking app. You can follow your favorite chefs and ask them questions, and become something of a celebrity yourself: the more recipes you upload, the more popular you become. Before you know it, you may end up on the Featured Chefs page.
But the primary goal is to actually teach you to cook and improve. SideChef really leads the way in step-by-step cooking, helping you master the art with voice, photo and video (took a while buffering) instructions. It also responds to voice command, keeping your device clean of sticky cooking hands.
Added to all manner of extras - smart keyword searching, integrated timers, the My Table journal feature, a converter, shopping lists shareable by email - there's lots to love. A bright, user-friendly and highly recommended cooking tool.
by Jayne , Appszoom
Nov 21, 2014
SideChef makes cooking easy, fun, and accessible at any skill level by giving you step-by-step photos, instructions, and voice commands. With a built-in shopping list feature, you can easily organise the ingredients needed to cook your next meal. No more ‘forgetting the milk’ for you!
SideChef welcomes beginner cooks into the kitchen with video tutorials and helps intermediate and advanced cooks hone their skills with a continually growing database of unique recipes.
SideChef was lovingly built by a team of amateur cooks that believe cooking can be for everyone!
* Want to save time at the grocery store? Add multiple recipes to your shopping list and have them categorized by aisle
* Don’t want to waste food? Easily search by the ingredients you have left in your fridge to find a recipe that uses them
* Can’t remember what you already bought? Keep track of your shopping list by filtering out already-bought items
* Need a shopping list for Sunday’s brunch? Sort your shopping lists by personalised names
FEATURES FOR COOKING
* Over 5,000 step-by-step recipes
* Integrated timers
* Responds to voice commands for hands-free cooking
* Browse recipes and add to personalized cookbooks
* Rate recipes and upload your photos
* Search and browse by ingredient, keyword, diet, cuisine, or interest
* Featured recipes from notable chefs and bloggers
* Easy conversions - change the serving size and all of the ingredients will adjust automatically
* Shopping checklists easily shareable through email
“If you’re always scorching the stew and you just can’t seem to achieve perfectly puffed chocolate chip cookies, let this free app serve as your new cooking companion. “ — Real Simple
“If you’ve ever ruined an entire meal because of a seemingly tiny mistake in timing or ingredient proportioning, than we have an app for you.” — Business Insider