What The Forecast?!!
by: William King • 6.9K
Most weather apps only give you basic info. But what if you could find out, in real terms, how the weather is outside? Say hello to What The Forecast?!! Designed for iOS and Android devices, you’ll get basic weather information, like the daily forecast, sunrise and sunset times, the humility, dew point, wind, pressure, and even the day’s moon phase, but with an obnoxious twist. You’ll have the weather read aloud to you. Under the configuration options, you can modify the profanity settings, and add locations from all over the world. Finally, share the weather on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Powered by Dark Sky, What The Forecast?!! quite simply feels great to use, thanks to an non-intrusive UI that looks good and runs quite smoothly. It’s also incredibly easy to use.
I understand the need to inject humor into a weather app, but What The Forecast?!! takes it a bit too far with its overly crude language that feels offensive instead of funny. Besides the coarse language, there’s nothing that stands out in What The Forecast?!. The voice function also didn’t work.
Jun 23, 2017
What The Forecast?!! won a 2018 People's Choice Webby Award in the category of Mobile Sites & Apps - Services & Utilities!! Thank you to everyone who voted and helped make that happen!!
What The Forecast?!! is an accurate weather app that will explain, in real terms, how nasty it is outside. You will never again wonder if you should just go back to bed (which, of course, you should). Sometimes, it is better to just give up and try again tomorrow.
- Over 8206 obnoxious phrases describing the current weather conditions.
- Switchable profanity settings (On, Some, Off).**
- Listen to the latest weather saying in different voices.
- Accurate weather reports directly from AerisWeather.
- Daily forecasts for 10 days.
- Hourly forecasts for 48 hours.
- Weather alerts from NOAA.
- Backgrounds and precipitation that match the time of year and current weather conditions.
- Select from U.S. or metric units in the app Settings.
- Descriptions of basic weather terms used in the app.
- Share your weather reports on Facebook, Twitter, etc.
**Make sure you go into the What The Forecast?!! app settings and set the profanity setting to "On" for the full effect. You won't be disappointed (Or, maybe you will. I don't know you...).