by: LI WEN • 99
If life’s an adventure, Fairyland Story would be its sweet culmination. In this endless runner, you’ll control Dorothy, who, in her dreams, is called upon by a fairy to fly high into the sky to collect stars. To play, simply tap and hold on the screen, swiping to move her around. As you move, collect stars that appear and avoid obstacles. There’s just one problem, though. To keep her flying high, you’ll need to collect stars. If you fail, you’ll have to try all over again. Use the stars to start from the level you left off and fly high.
You’ll be surprised by Fairyland Story’s wonderful presentation and is definitely worth checking out, thanks to a helpful tutorial, an excellent soundtrack, and unique cartoony graphics, making for a dream-like feel you won’t soon escape nor forget.
Visually, Fairyland Story rocks. Mechanically, not so much. The draw distance feels off, the controls feel a bit sloppy, and as you progress, you’ll find unclear and unexplained gameplay elements as you progress. Plus, the star system makes the game feel like a grind, especially when restarting a level.
Apr 20, 2017
GMGC 2017 IPA contest second place.
A game from the maker of LOST MAZE. We are lovely couple team making lovely and fun games.
Life is an adventure, why not break the boundary and find the unknown freedom and a true adventure of your heart…
Fairyland Story is a surreal journey through the beautiful world of geometric kaleidoscope.
Dorothy, who was kept away from the outside world for all day long because of illness, was dreamed of a true adventure. A Fairy finally heard her voice and took her into the mysterious dreamland.
• Innovative and fluid one-finger game play. Easy to pick up, take your time to master it!
• 3D combined with motion graphic style, an innovative and intriguing visual experience.
• Collect constant stars to maximize speed.
• Unlock sorts of items to maximize points and power you up.
• 3D Touch support – Press harder to use items. (3D Touch compatible device required)
• More than 50 levels in 7 chapters, all of which are beautifully hand-crafted and with fully dynamic lighting.
• Captivating soundtrack and ambient sound for an immersive experience. (headphones recommended)
• Unlock different characters lived in the fairyland.