Blinkist: Books in 15 minutes
by: Blinks Labs • 11.2K
There's way too many great books out there to possibly be able to absorb them all. Tomes aimed at businessfolk are subject in particular to this problem; their relevant audience is far too busy with entrepreneurial jetsettery to sit down for hours with paper and ink, no matter how compelling. Blinkist is the elegant solution; these summaries from experts of books by experts let you (the presumed non-expert) peruse, understand, and learn their ideas in a matter of minutes.
If you've got 15 minutes - think commute, think waiting in line for a coffee - you can read a Blinkist book. Select from bestsellers in categories including health and happiness, productivity and self help, politics and history, and many more. Each book is broken down into its salient points; hop from one to the next as you like. The summaries are curated by experts, so you can feel secure knowing you're getting the best from each book, condensed.
The visual presentation is clean as a whistle and eminently readable. Highlight bits you find especially compelling and share them on social media if it pleases you.
Blinkist can be tried in full completely for free. After the trial period is up, a monthly subscription is $4.99 or yearly for $49.99.
The Blinkist system isn't for everyone - after all, even in this digitally charged present there's still a great deal of pleasure to be had in sitting down and reading for hours. It's a great idea for those super short on time, however; I can also imagine folks using it to find out what to read next, and I wholly support anything that increases the amount of literature we consume. Since trying is totally free, definitely give it a go if you're intrigued.
by Janel , Appszoom
Jan 28, 2014
Where do the world’s smartest people get their ideas? From great books! Blinkist transforms the key insights of 2500+ bestselling nonfiction books into powerful packs you can read or listen to in just 15 minutes.
***Included in the App Store’s Best of 2017 selection***
Over 7 million users treat us as a companion on the most noble and challenging journey we know: fulfilling human potential.
GET THE KEY INSIGHTS OF 2500+ BESTSELLING NONFICTION BOOKS
• Sharpen your professional skills with the best business books in your field
• Explore your many-sided self with the most impactful self-improvement titles
• Discover new perspectives on the world with bestsellers on economics, science, history & culture
• Stay on top of the latest trends and ideas in your professional field
SWITCH BETWEEN AUDIO AND TEXT
• Listen to audio versions to effortlessly slip learning into your day
• Create your own personal audio playlists to customize your learning experience
• Learn hands-free at the gym, in the car, or doing chores with Autoplay
• Read and listen offline
ENJOY PERSONALIZED READING RECOMMENDATIONS & EXPERT-CURATED LISTS
• Always know what to read next—we’ll suggest titles based on your interests & reading history
• Discover reading lists curated exclusively for Blinkist by thought leaders like Arianna Huffington, David Allen, and Dan Ariely on topics such as productivity, business, smarter living, and more
BENEFIT FROM A HUMAN TOUCH
• Focus only on the best nonfiction—our editorial team carefully selects every one of our titles
• Enjoy lovingly written summaries of key ideas by field experts with a passion for explaining complex matters in simple, beautiful language
LEARN THE WAY SCIENCE INTENDED
• Retain more thanks to a format based on neuroscientific research
• Understand quickly and easily thanks to crystal clear language and short, powerful content
IN THE PRESS
"Blinkist is an intriguing new app that encourages you to read more nonfiction books... It’s a fun and fascinating way to discover new and interesting topics” - The New York Times
Named one of Europe’s Hottest Start-Ups in 2016 by Wired
“There is no such thing as too much knowledge. If you would like to expand your horizons, but don’t have the time to read, Blinkist is a speedy and convenient way of learning” - TheNextWeb
"Blinkist offers a terrific service – great ideas distilled down to their very essence. For those of us who are deeply curious about new ideas on success, happiness, innovation, progress and more, it’s a great start." - Forbes
“The audio feature is an awesome way to dive into a book while folding laundry or cooking a meal.” - BuzzFeed
HOW IT WORKS:
Getting started is simple. Download the Blinkist app now and sign up for a free 7-day trial. We have monthly and annual plans available.
Blinkist Premium costs $12.99 per month (monthly plan) OR $79.99 per year (annual plan).
You can cancel at any time during your 7-day free trial via the iTunes store settings and then you will not be charged. Also, plans automatically renew unless you turn off auto-renew in your iTunes account 24 hours before the end of your current subscription period.
With Blinkist Premium you have:
• unlimited access to 2500+ titles
• unlimited access to audio versions of all titles
• personalized recommendations from the Blinkist editorial team
• the ability to read & listen offline
• a send-to-Kindle feature
• the ability to sync highlights with Evernote
Questions? Suggestions? You can speak to a real person at Blinkist. Our trusty customer support team is just an email away --- simply write to email@example.com