by: Asa Raab • 0
Use your voice to make things slide into Voxpix. You can lure lions, cars and carrots into the screen. Say “baaa” or “meee” and a cow or an ape lands in a green landscape. With Molliox you control what happens with your voice instead of your fingers.
Voxpix is developed for children with cochlear implant, speech impairments and children who need to practice their voice. But all children who want to play with their voice can have fun with Voxpix.
Voxpix is an app for iPad made for voice training. The app has a microphone that hears sound. The child makes a sound and things like dogs or books appear on the screen. The connection between cause and effect can motivate children to make sounds. It is up to you as a therapist or parent to choose what sounds you want to practice: real words, nonsense words or speech sounds. Maybe the child can make any kind of sounds in a free play?
The game has two difficulty levels.
- Who can practice -
● Children with cochlear implant
● Children with speech impairments
● Therapists and pre-school teachers who need a tool in their profession
● Parents who want to practice together with their children
- How to practice -
● Choose an environment that is as quiet as possible and put the iPad in front of you preferably on a table for the best result.
● Press the microphone image in the top right corner to turn the mike on. The mike turns green. Check where the real mike is on the iPad and make sure you don't cover it with your hand.
● Say something, like "beee" or "maaa", and an item slides in. Prepare in advance what kind of sounds you want to practice: real words, nonsense words or speech sounds. If "p" isn't working, try "paaa".
● Press the microphone each time you make sounds. If you want to give the child an instruction while the mike is on, just turn it off temporarily, by pressing the image of the mike.
● The exercise is finished when the lamb starts celebrating. Then you can either press the play button in the top left corner to start the next exercise or you can play with the items on the screen, just drag and drop with your finger.
- Voxpix is childproof -
The app Voxpix has no advertising and no in-app purchases. There are parental locks to settings and help. Links to the web has parental locks.
Voxpix does not:
● Store sound files
● Transmit data about the user
● Require users to share personal information
● Ask for date of birth
● Collect, transmit, or have the capability to share personal information