by: ROKU INC • 86.2K
There's a small device which is challenging cable TV providers. ROKU is one of the most used set-top-boxes for video streaming in HD. A small box that gives viewers the chance to run popular video streaming services like Netflix, Hulu+, Amazon Instant Video, HBO GO and many many more. Actually, ROKU's channel store has 600+ official channels and there are already thousands of private channels.
Since it's becoming one of the most used household devices, it needed an app to improve the user experience. And here it is. If you own a ROKU, you should download this right now. Why? First, because it offers a more intuitive layout for channels search. Second, because it turns your iPhone into a remote control for your ROKU and it even allows you to launch channels from your own list of installed channels. Third, because you can use iPhone's keyboard to type anything you want to search instead of using the awkward built in keyboard. If that three reasons aren't enough for you, you should know that you can preview photos and music located in your iPhone on your Roku
An app which completes the Roku experience solving its lacks. Highly recommended.
by Emmanuel , Appszoom
Jun 26, 2013
Turn your mobile device into the ultimate streaming companion with the free Roku® mobile app.
Stream hundreds of hit movies, TV shows and more on the go with The Roku Channel, use it as a second remote, enjoy private listening, and more.
The free Roku mobile app makes it easy and fun to control your Roku player and Roku TV™.
Use the Roku mobile app to:
• Control your Roku device as another remote
• Stream hit movies, TV shows and more on the go with The Roku Channel
• Enjoy private listening* with headphones
• Use your voice or keyboard to search for movies, shows, actors, and directors
• Cast videos, photos, and music to your TV
• Add and launch channels on your Roku device
• Enter text on your Roku device easier with your keyboard
To use certain features of the Roku mobile app, you must connect your phone or tablet to the same wireless network as your Roku device. Certain features require a compatible Roku device, and may require logging in to your Roku account.
· Searching by voice is available in English in the US, UK, and Canada only.
· The Roku app is available in English only in Mexico.
* Mobile private listening is available for Roku Express, Express+, Roku Streaming Stick (3600, 3800, 3810), Roku Streaming Stick+, Roku Premiere, Roku Premiere+, Roku Ultra and Roku TVs.
** Subscription or other payment may be required to access certain channel content. Channel availability is subject to change and varies by country.
For more information and troubleshooting help, go to http://support.roku.com