BBC Good Food
by: Immediate Media Company Limited • 36
This is an official BBC app from BBC Worldwide, the commercial arm of the BBC. That's about the most exciting thing that can be said about it - for a recipe app, it's lacking just about everything, particularly the recipes.
If you download this free version, you're rewarded with access to 20 of the BBC's "Classic" recipes, including such crowd-pleasers like beef & beer pie or chicken & bacon stew (who needs veggies anyway?). The layout separates glossy photo from ingredient list, and those from the recipe itself, making it extremely inconvenient to measure while cooking should you actually decide peanut butter cheesecake is a thing you have to have.
Included are tools like a converter between metric and imperial measure, a rudimentary timer, and a glossary with exotic terms like "salt" and "pepper."
Snark aside, I'm actually a big fan of the BBC's recipe database online - they consistently come up with some interesting flavor combinations, and the recipes are well-written and tend to execute successfully. However, those recipes are free, like digital recipes ought to be - and largely are. I'm not sure why the BBC thinks it can get away with charging you £1.49 for access to the "Food for friends" section when you can just look it up yourself online.
The BBC Good Food - Recipes app needs to deliver significantly more product and usability before it can stand up to the other more comprehensive recipe apps out there.
Tags: jamaican recipes bbc
by Janel , Appszoom
Nov 05, 2013
This is a new version of the BBC Good Food app, which will give users access to BBC Good Food's extensive recipes database. Key features are:
- ACCESS to unlimited BBC Good Food recipes, including the latest, trend-led dishes fresh from the BBC Good Food team
- BROWSE a growing selection of thousands of recipes, and new dishes are added all the time
- SEARCH for the latest, trend-led BBC Good Food recipes
- SAVE your favourite recipes all in one place
- ADD these recipes to an unlimited number of your very own COLLECTIONS
- RATE your favourite recipes
- START saving and organising recipes on one device, and resume on another
- ACCESS all your recipes and collections saved on the website.
- NEW! Now you can easily share your favourite recipes and recipe collections with family and friends.
Not received a verification email? Please check your junk folders, & if you still can’t find it please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do our best to sort it.