Mindfulness for Beginners — Jon Kabat-Zinn
by: Sounds True • 26
What if you could profoundly change your life just by becoming more mindful of your breathing? According to Jon Kabat-Zinn, you can. What if paying attention on purpose (and non-judgmentally) could improve your health? Again, it can. In the Mindfulness for Beginners app, this internationally known scientist, bestselling author, and insightful teacher who brought mindfulness meditation into the mainstream of medicine and society gives you immediate access to a practice that can potentially add years to your life, and will certainly enhance the quality of your moments and your years.
Learn More About:
- Five guided meditations that lead you breath-by-breath into the essence of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- Cultivate the Seven Key Attitudinal Factors of MBSR—qualities of heart and mind that are the foundation for mindfulness practice
- Learn to see and accept things as they are—a first step to working wisely and compassionately with stress, pain, illness, and sorrow as well as life's joys and pleasures
-Free yourself from limiting perspectives, and become more intimate with your own boundless awareness
You're already in the perfect moment for inhabiting this liberating awareness, which is always available, teaches Jon Kabat-Zinn. With Mindfulness for Beginners, he invites you to cultivate mindfulness as if your life depended on it, and experience the magnitude and beauty of who you already are.
Mindfulness for Beginners App Features:
- Jon Kabat-Zinn’s personal insights and guidance (2 hours, 24 minutes of audio)
- An interactive vine garden to enjoy while listening (iPad only)
- A relaxing slide show
- A bonus chapter from Jon Kabat Zinn’s book Mindfulness for Beginners
- A Good Minute—video selections that offer concentrated wisdom to inspire you anytime
- A bonus video with Jon Kabat-Zinn
About the Author
Jon Kabat-Zinn, PhD, is the founder and director of the Stress Reduction Clinic at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center and associate professor of medicine in the Division of Preventative and Behavioral Medicine. His clinic was featured in 1993 in the public television series Healing and the Mind with Bill Moyers. Jon Kabat-Zinn is the author of Wherever You Go, There You Are, Full-Catastrophe Living, and Mindfulness for Beginners.