by: TvanD • 20
Changeling is the super easy, flexible, diatonic chord sequencer.
It's purpose is to help people enjoy composing music by providing the basic tools to improvise!
Improvisation is a skill that can normally only be obtained by investing a lot of discipline and time in to studying music theory and practice.
Changeling does not generate compositions for you, you remain in full creative control over your music.
All recorded musical notes remain relative, and can be changed in various ways during playback.
1. Start by recording a simple melody-line with one finger.
2. Change the scale and root by sliding the ribbons.
3. Transform the melody to a chord progression by turning the chord knob.
4. Play around with the available voicings and transition modes that affect chord inversions.
5. Spread out the chord notes over time using the arpeggiator.
6. Switch to the next track by swiping down on the pattern area.
7. Change to playback mode, and start improvising a solo over the chord progresssion until you hear something that you really like!
8. Rinse and repeat!
Use Changeling's 16 MIDI channels to record patterns to your DAW or other MIDI capable IOS apps.
Or send an exported sequence via email to someone you are collaborating with.