Read Ahead – practice piano sight reading
by: Anacrusis LLC • 21
• Read Ahead provides short and enjoyable 5-10 minute daily practice sessions which help pianists quickly develop their sight-reading ability.
• Innovative training exercises are incorporated into a carefully designed curriculum built around high quality music by a variety of composers.
• Read Ahead is designed to help piano students (children 10+ and adults) build the right habits and develop the skills necessary to fluently read music at their skill level.
• Designed to be integrated into a regular practice schedule.
• Fun for students to practice daily.
• Easy for busy teachers to incorporate into lessons and track progress.
• 36 daily exercise routines at each level.
Daily lesson plans consists of:
• Warm-up exercises to train memory, vision and touch.
• Read Ahead exercises to train students to read ahead of where they are playing.
• Sight-reading music from traditional ‘fixed' scores to pull it all together.