Transit Tracker - Chicago
by: Raging Coders • 42
Transit Tracker – Chicago (CTA) is the only app you’ll need to get around on the Transit System in the greater Chicago area. You know how to get there; we’ll help make sure you get there on time!
This application covers the ENTIRE Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) bus, train (‘L’) *AND* Metra rail. Utilizes data provided by the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) bus and train tracker systems over your device’s WiFi or cellular network connection.
Designed for Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) and Metra Rail commuters. Find the nearest bus, train, or rail stations with scheduled stops and view upcoming departures with just two quick taps. Save stops for quick reference, track vehicle locations and see ACTUAL departure times (*Where available, all CTA train lines do no support real-time departure data).
Not sure how to get there, feeling adventurous or need to find an alternate route? We’ve got you covered! Use the built in trip planner to navigate the city with ease.
Tired of those other apps that make you download HUGE files? This app does *not* do that, **No syncing required! Schedule data is compiled nightly on our servers with transit data for all routes provided directly from the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) and Metra Rail .
Includes a fully searchable database of all stops, stations and routes serviced by the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) and Metra Rail with quick access to all departures scheduled for the day. Weekly updates are downloaded in the background.
Feel free to drop us an email with suggestions! If you like the app, please make sure to rate it!
In-App Purchase is required for the following features:
. Removal of Advertisements
. Ability to Bookmark (Save) transit stops
. Ability to use the Today Widget
. Ability to use the Watch App
If applicable, realtime and schedule data is available without Purchase.
Highlight of Included Features:
● Scheduled Bus, Train and Rail Departure Times
● Real Time Tracker Data – Bus and train estimated departure times are all provided directly from the CTA bus and train tracker systems.
● Real Time Tracker Data – Metra Rail estimated departure times are provided directly from the MetraRail tracker systems.
● Vehicle Location- In addition to the list of estimated departure times you can view bus, train and rail locations and routes on a map.
● CTA Service Alerts – View CTA route service alerts for any bus route or train line
● Save Stops - Ability to save stops you use everyday for quick and easy access while you're on the go.
* Real time data provided by Chicago Transit Authority (CTA), accuracy and availability may vary
**Data connection required to use this application