Anti-Virus Detective is a malware handling decision tree, providing a process flow for dealing with malware that your Anti-Virus program might miss.
The Anti-Virus Detective decision tree provides a step by step YES/NO process flow to walk the user through the process of identifying suspect malware. The Anti-Virus Detective decision tree begins the process with suggestions to first use simple downloadable tools by the major commercial Anti-Virus vendors. If the simple tools do not remove the suspect threat, the Anti-Virus Detective decision tree provides links to free resources online that perform binary and URL analysis to determine if the suspect files are exhibiting malicious behavior. These third-party tools and sites help in the escalation process when dealing with your Anti-Virus vendor.
Benefits of Anti-Virus Detective:
• Identify previously unknown threats by using third-party stand alone applications.
• Identify previously unknown threats by using third-party web sites for URL reputation ranking.
• Provides links to malware handling web sites that help provide evidence to submit to your AntiVirus vendor.
• Provides useful links for malware sample submission sites for Symantec, McAfee, Trend, & Kaspersky (list to be updated).
• Interface provides an email link option to forward link to customers or friends in need.
• Interface provides a navigate to link option to quickly browse the information from the third-party vendor.
• Provides URL links to many online resources for faster information acquisition.