by: Jehovah's Witnesses • 31.9K
If you're a devoted follower of the word of God, chances are you're interested in having a reference at hand of what exactly it is that He's said. The JW Library caters to that need for Jehovah's Witnesses; it's the official app released by the church.
The app includes no fewer than six distinct Bible translations, all indexed by book, chapter, and verse. If you know where to find the verse you seek, it's easy to navigate the index and then to see all six translations side-by-side. If you're not sure where to look, the integrated search feature is your best friend.
One of the ways this app differentiates itself from other Bible apps is the large index of reference images. Check out what Israel looked like during the time that Jesus existed, or compare the currency people of the time used to what we have today.
There's a bit of learning curve in terms of navigating between the different reference sections. I got lost deep with in the translations of different chapters, and then had to backtrack over many pages in order to find my way to the image section. Once you figure out how the different resources are grouped, it's fairly easy to skip from one to another, but it was definitely a stumbling block at the beginning.
The JW Library is a useful and comprehensive resource for anyone looking for Jehovah's Witness-related reference material.
Tags: jw library app review , jw library , jw library text
by Janel , Appszoom
Oct 09, 2013
JW LIBRARY is an official app produced by Jehovah’s Witnesses. It includes multiple Bible translations, as well as books and brochures for Bible study.
• Choose from various Bible translations.
• Compare all available Bible versions by tapping a verse number.
• View the associated material by tapping a footnote marker or reference letter.
• Swipe left or right to quickly navigate your current publication.
• Place bookmarks at any verse or chapter to quickly resume your reading.
• Use the history feature to quickly access recently read content.
• Find words or expressions in your current publication with the search feature.