Merriam-Webster Dictionary Pro
by: Merriam-Webster, Inc. • 4.4K
This complete dictionary from Merriam-Webster includes word definitions (by typing or voice search), synonyms, antonyms, example sentences, Word of the Day, audio pronunciations etc.
You just need to write your word (or say it out loud) and the app will give you the complete definition, audio pronunciation, the example sentences and even the date when it was firstly used. Then, you can keep looking up words, viewing your recent history and of course, consulting the daily word selection.
Merriam-Webster Inc. is the developer of this useful and easy to use application, perfect for doing homework, writing assignments and even in your daily life. Really complete and helpful, be sure to check it out and start looking up words.
Tags: merriam webster dictionary price
by Ana , Appszoom
Sep 18, 2015
Get America’s most useful and respected dictionary, optimized for your iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch. This is the best iOS app for English language reference, education, and vocabulary building.
And now we’ve added new word games! It’s never been more fun to learn new words and test your vocabulary for everyone from English learners to total word nerds. Hundreds of words to test your skills.
Offline access: You’ll have complete access to definitions and synonyms whether or not you’re connected. You will need a connection to view illustrations, hear audio pronunciations, and use voice search.
Selected as a "Best New App" by iTunes.
* Universal app
* No ads
* Full Thesaurus: more than 200,000 word choices, examples, and explanations
* New Vocabulary-Building Quizzes: fun, fast quizzes to learn new words or test your vocabulary
* Voice Search: look up a word without having to spell it
* Word of the Day: learn a new word every day.
* Example Sentences: understand how a word is used in context
* Quick Definitions: perfect for on-the-go lookups
* Audio Pronunciations: voiced by real English speakers, not text-to-speech robots
* Favorite Words and Search History: Keep track of the words that are most important to you
* Favorite Word syncing through iCloud: Share your favorites between devices
* Apple Watch Extension: See Word of the Day, look up words with voice search, and keep track of your favorites from your watch
* Premium Content: over 1000 graphical illustrations, and over 20,000 additional entries covering people, places, and foreign terms