Speak & Translate: Translator
by: Apalon Apps • 22.3K
The full version may be pricey, but impressive speech recognition and fluid translation make Speak & Translate a worthy purchase. 40 of the 72 languages allow voice-to-voice exchanges, so you could effectively use it as a live interpreter.
The uncluttered interface focuses on the current conversation. Voice recognition is very reliable, and foreign accents are convincing too. You can change the voice and toggle auto speak. The translation is speedy as well.
As it's powered by Google Translate, don't expect a translation that's much more advanced than Google offers: in our tests, the results were always the same. $9.99 is quite a large investment--but at least you can test out the free version first.
Tags: speak2 translator iphon , hablar y traducir , sprich &übersetzer pro , говори и переводи итальянский , application parlez et traduisez pro , come isinstallare app parla evtraduci , parla e traduci gratis
Jun 04, 2015
Speak & Translate is an indispensable voice and text translator that allows you to communicate effectively in any corner of the globe.
EXCELLENT TRANSLATION OPTIONS
* Works OFFLINE. Have no Internet connection? Translate text offline between 10 languages: Chinese (Mandarin), English (US), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
* Apple Speech Recognition Technology support - real-time voice recognition significantly enhances the speed of your translations
* 117 languages for text translations
* 54 languages for voice translations
* Language detection for text-to-text mode: if you don't know what the language of the source text is, select Detect language from the language list.
APPLE WATCH SUPPORT
Simply speak to your watch and get your speech instantly translated wherever you are! Enjoy voice translation in 40+ languages.
GREAT USER EXPERIENCE
* Built-in offline voices: reduce Internet traffic usage and translate even quicker
* Multitasking option for iPad: translate simultaneously while working in other apps via Split View function
* 3D Touch support: hard press on the app icon to quickly send text for translation
* Translation history always at hand: access previously made translations through Spotlight search results
* Useful widget that saves translations and serves as an offline phrase-book
* Handoff feature: translate without interrupting your session - switch from your iPhone to your iPad (or vice versa)
* iCloud integration: the history of your translations is synchronized across all your Apple devices
* Translate in portrait or landscape mode
* Voice settings: choose male or female voice and its speed.
Parts of service translated by Microsoft™. Parts of service translated by Google Translate™.
Offline translations are supported for text to text mode only. The languages available offline are: Chinese (Mandarin), English (US), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish.
Speech to speech translations are supported between the following languages: Arabic, Basque, Catalan, Chinese (Cantonese, Mandarin, Taiwan), Czech, Danish, Dutch (The Netherlands), English (Australian, Canada, India, UK, US), Finnish, French, French (Canada), Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Moldavian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Spanish (Mexican), Swedish, Thai, Turkish.
Speech to text translations are supported between the following languages: Afrikaans, Bulgarian, Croatian, Filipino, Icelandic, Latin, Lithuanian, Malay, Persian, Serbian, Slovenian, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Zulu.
Text to text translations are supported between 117 languages, to check out the list of languages please visit Developer Website Link (http://www.apalon.com/speak_and_translate.html).
For complete access to all Speak & Translate features, you will need to allow access to the following:
*Location – so that automatic language selection can be enabled for your host country when traveling.
*Microphone & Speech Recognition – so that speech-to-speech translations will work.
*Notifications – so that you can keep informed about new app features and interesting language facts.