by: Appfly Ltd • 0
Explore London’s history on the streets with a map showing thousands of memorials: including plaques, monuments, statues, etc. commemorating people, events, buildings, and other subjects: the famous, the little-known, the quirky, the war dead .….
The aim of London Remembers is to capture all the memorials in London. It's an aim we don't think we will ever achieve but we are enjoying the challenge! London Remembers focuses on finding the memorials, photographing them, & plotting them on a map and providing a powerful searchable database.
• Over 3,000 memorials in London plotted on an easy to navigate map.
• Directory of over 49,000 people, events, buildings, etc., many custom-researched.
• Photos of every memorial: close-up and in context. Pictures of many of the commemorated subjects.
• Powerful search mechanism - search for topics that interest you and see related memorials around London, such as World War 2, Dickens, your grandfather….
• Not just plaques and statues, also: ghost bikes, murals, fountains, etc.
• Filter your results by: type of memorial, by postcode, by category e.g. Cinema, Medicine, and more,
• Filter by Country. Are you French? Find everyone associated with France with a memorial in London, or Venezuala? or….
Caveat: Be aware that London actually has more cars, more rain and less sun than our photos show.