NOAA Hi-Def Radar Pro
by: WeatherSphere • 29.2K
NOAA Hi-Def Radar puts the power of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration in the palm of your hand. Track weather patterns and stay up-to-date on the latest radar information, to within the minute. It's an excellent weather tracking app with few flaws.
If you are looking for a weather solution that is on-target and current to within minutes, this app will be your friend. For those looking for quick weather information, the app load up times are quick and the weather information is accurate to within two minutes. This is a feature-rich hi-def radar weather tracking option.
NOAA Hi Def Radar could be enhanced even more by having a lightning layer that allows you to see strikes further back in time. Also, don't just tell us snow, tell us how much.
Tags: noaa hi-def radar app review , radar cast pro noaa hidef
Sep 14, 2015
A simple yet powerful weather app that combines science with simplicity for viewing real-time animated weather radar images in vivid color on a highly responsive interactive map.
NOAA Hi-Def Radar Pro has been updated for iOS 10 and beyond. With this major update comes a sleek new design, new radar, and new weather map options.
New hi-definition radar provides stunning precipitation detail. See freezing rain (pink) areas of radar so you know where hazardous road conditions are likely.
• Install and go, no complex setup.
• Select transparency of radar imagery for your preference.
• Sharp radar imagery even on retina displays that show the latest radar images within minutes.
• Show the weather map full-screen on your device and hide the app buttons for a fantastic full-screen map view of radar activity. Looks especially great on iPad!
• Tap and hold anywhere on the map to check current weather and forecasts.
• Show your GPS position, direction of travel and elevation on the map when enabled.
• Bookmark multiple locations for fast and easy access to your favorite places.
• Current conditions, hourly and five-day forecasts alongside detailed weather information for all your locations, including pressure readings for all your locations.
Show Weather Layers on the map: New layers on the weather map let you see recent weather activity from the last 6 to 12 hours:
• Clouds & Radar together
• Wind Speed
• Snow Cover
• Water Temperatures
• Road Weather
Show Severe Weather Overlays on the map: Alerts on the weather map let you see severe weather warning boxes where dangerous weather is happening:
• Tap alert boxes on the map to view info
• Tornadoes and Thunderstorm watches and warnings
• Flood watches and warnings
• Hurricane and Tropical Storm forecast tracks
• Hurricane and Tropical Storm watches and warnings
• Storm Tracks showing direction of storm in the next few minutes
• Winter storm watches and warnings
• Marine and coastal alerts
• Earthquakes over the last 48 hours
• View Lightning strikes on the map (no additional purchase necessary)
Enhance your app with auto-renewing subscriptions:
• Buy Future Weather ($0.99/month) to unlock these 2 features:
1) Future Radar: See radar into the future (6 hrs on Wi-Fi, 2 hrs on cellular)
2) Future Temperature Map: See future temperatures map (12 hrs on Wi-Fi, 5 hrs on cellular)
• Buy Lightning Notifications ($0.99/month) to unlock this 1 feature:
1) Be notified when lightning strikes nearby. Get a push notification whenever lightning strikes near your Saved Locations up to 10 miles away. (At this time, Current Location is not supported by Lightning Notifications.)
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.